Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me be skinny - advise sought page

Gumdrop is offline Member

Help me be skinny - advise sought

Primal Fuel
    Good morning,

I am desperate to loose some weight, just desperate. I am not adverse to some serious crashing if it means results. Where am I going wrong, what advise can you offer?

Currently I eat:-
    Breakfast - kiwi, 5g goji berries (about 40 calories and 16 calories)
    Lunch - home made tomatoe soup (about 50 calories a serve)
    Dinner 100g meat and some veg or salad (about 300 calories)

I also take 3 calcium plus d, manganese, zinc, copper magnesium tablets a day, a healthy bacteria supplement and 100g fish oil every day. I really enjoy a black coffee and drink at least a litre of water when taking my vitamins in the morning and tr to drink at least another litre of water throughout the day. I do a mild addiction to diat cola, however I think this is adding serious weight to my sugar and carb cravings. I am trying to fall pregnant (which is a bit of an oxymoron trying to loose weight as well).

I would be really grateful for your educated insights and opinions. I need results and soon.

Thank you

xxxx

Darthash is offline Senior Member
    At Current, you are not eatting enough.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Ok, breakfast and lunch and cola are the big problems.

Breakfast should be fat and protein, not fruit and fruit! Try eggs, bacon, other meats...
    Lunch BAS (big ass salad) or more meat and veg. If soup, make it a hearty meaty one filled with veggies.
    Dinner double your meat portion at least.

Girl, you are eating 406 calories!?! WTF! Your body is not getting what it needs. You will lose weight eating WAY more than that, and eating fatty foods like bacon and butter!!! I've lost 60 lbs so far. Have you read the Primal Blueprint? Have you surfed this website? Check out http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    @Gumdrop thats a serious calorie deficit! not healthy at all! Trust me when I say you will lose a LOT more weight eating more. Your body will essentially in starvation mode at the moment, and will attempt to store in calories it can as fat. Checkout the links lil_earthmomma suggested and start eating more!!

I have lost 15kg (about 30pounds) of eating serious amounts of bacon, meat, and fresh vegetables. I feel like i eat WAY more now than i did before. Please for the love of zeus, eat more!!

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Wait - are you only putting in 400 calories a day? Just no. EAT.

I eat about 1800-2000 calories a day and I'm losing at a pretty good rate. You need to eat more...IMO your body crashing won't produce the results you need, and it isn't healthy way of looking at weight loss. You may want to really think about that before you do this. I'm very simple with my diet...meat, eggs, veggies, a little fruit, almonds, and some dairy (some here don't do dairy or nuts but I seem to be ok with them - health wise and weight loss wise)..I don't deprive myself, I eat when I'm hungry, I've never crashed and Ive had excellent results so far. Ive done everything from conventional diets to extreme calorie restriction (800-900 calories a day maybe?) Low-graining is by far the best results Ive had and the easiest. PLEASE don't starve yourself..you don't have to to get results.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized you're trying to conceive as well? I know you are not pregnant yet but do you truly believe 400 calories is safe and healthy for your baby? Whats more important to you at the moment..being a mother or being skinny?
    Last edited by SheGlowsPale; 07-12-2010 at 11:45 PM.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Too much sugar and carbs, not nearly enough fat, not enough food. Calories are not important - carbs are. Cut those suckers down to 50g or less per day and you'll see results.

Also, stop drinking the diet soda - it creates insulin triggers because it's sweet.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrop View Post
    I am desperate to loose some weight, just desperate. I am not adverse to some serious crashing if it means results.
    You could follow the plan in Mary Enig & Sally Fallon's Eat Fat Lose Fat. If you start at the beginning and read the first section, too, you'll understand why crash diets and low-fat diets don't work.

You're in Oz, so you haven't got Amazon?

http://www.thenile.com.au/search.php...8a&s=mary+enig

I do a mild addiction to diat cola, however I think this is adding serious weight to my sugar and carb cravings.
    I doubt it. The sugar will be replaced with an artificial sweetener in a product like that. Still, there are better things you can drink. Have a look in the book cited above, if you get it.

I am trying to fall pregnant (which is a bit of an oxymoron trying to loose weight as well).
    I doubt it's wise to attempt both at once. Some primitive people would feed women up for six months on special rich diets before allowing them to conceive.

One issue would be your levels of vitamin A. A itself (not beta-carotene) is a fat-soluble vitamin, and only available in foods rich in animal fat - liver, cod liver oil, butter, etc. It's not in berries and tomato soup. Vitamin A has a role in fertility, so conception may be difficult with low levels. It's also important for the development of the baby:

http://www.westonaprice.org/children...velopment.html

Seriously, I doubt you should try both things at once. But I don't mean to hand out medical advice - make an appointment with your doctor and ask him or her about that one.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Just gonna chime in with something additional: Most vitamins are fat soluble, so all the supplements you're taking probably aren't being absorbed due to lack of fat in your meals.
    100g fish oil is that 100g epa/dha or the total weight of the supplement? Seems excessive either way, but one of them moreso. I would suggest reducing your fish oil intake and increase the amount of real fish you eat.
    A big calorie deficit may give you weight loss, but I think its a pretty individual manner, and depends on your current condition. I would guess that the more hormonal problems/leaky gut/whatever you have the less of an impact the calorie deficit will have, and if you've been eating trash for a long period of time, fixing potential problems is advised.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    how are you still alive!?!?! consume bacon.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    Ya know how your body makes new cells everyday ... what's it going to make them out of?

Tell us the circumstances under which you need "results and soon". What's happening that makes this so urgent?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast