Thread: Hello, distance runner from NYC page

max219 is offline Senior Member

Hello, distance runner from NYC

Hi, I'm a 19 year old long distance runner from NYC. I'll start by saying while I know that chronic cardio is non-primal, I run for a college,am decent, and enjoy competing. Besides that though, I found the primal blueprint a few months ago, and started eating primal roughly a month ago. Before this, I was a believer in a "low fat" diet, limiting all my fats and eating chicken and turkey breasts all the time. I did also lower my sugar intake, but I still consumed about 300 grams or more of "whole grain" carbs. I did all this in an attempt to feel better and better my health, but the opposite happened. Ever since I cut out grains and added sugar, cut out vegetable oils as often as I could, and upped my fat intake, I've felt great and am enjoying every second of it. While I don't go very low carb, I average around 100-150 carbs a day eating a fair amount of fruit and the occasional sweet potato and potato (lots of carrots too!) Eating meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, and nuts is definitely the best way to eat, and I'm so glad I stumbled upon Mark's site. Also, I'm 5'6 and 125 pounds, so weight loss is obviously not an issue for me, this is for me to be healthy and enjoy good food!
    Last edited by max219; 07-12-2010 at 09:24 PM.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome! I study at the city too. What college do you go to if you don't mind me asking?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>