Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So how often do you guys eat things like coconut pancakes... page

carolanne88 is offline Member

Question So how often do you guys eat things like coconut pancakes...

and other things made with coconut flour and/or almond flour? I love, love, love the coconut pancakes, but I don't want to eat them so often that it hampers any weight loss. Do you eat them daily, several times a week, once a week, once in a great while.....?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I don't really do the coconut flour stuff much- once in a while as a treat. I do have coconut milk in my coffee daily. I haven't yet bought coconut oil.

Ernst is offline Member
    I make them always on the weekend. That's when I have my bacon also. My reason? I work on the weekdays so as soon as I get up, I get to work and have my quick primal breakfast there. Then on the weekends, during my slow morning leisure time, I treat myself and guest with a nice big fatty breakfast.

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    I only have coconut flour on rare occasion... I have coconut milk almost daily... shredded coconut weekly or biweekly... coconut oil I use pretty much as often as butter (often!) ...

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Never.
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    I do drink a lot of coconut milk..and I probably put in about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day..and I'm also addicted to Let's do Organic's creamed coconut bar thingie..but I keep that to a 1x a week treat because even though I don't count calories the calories even made my eyes bug out of my head when I read them lol..
    as for coconut flour...hardly ever...I personally didnt even like it much..its a little mealy for me..Id rather just not have things made with any flour then with flour I don't like.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    once in ten weeks

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I drink coconut milk nearly every day and cook with the oil once every week or so (I use it as lotion every day). Dried coconut is a snack twice a week or so.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    A nice glass of coconut milk with some whey protein in it is my quick breakfast that I use when I am in a rush. Also use coconut oil for most cooking, i am totally addicted to that sweet tinge it gives everything.

I plan on starting to increase muscle mass very soon (once bodyfat drops to about 9-10%) and will be using coconut milk as my primary intake of fat.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I never use alternative flours. I find that the foods made from them are easy to overeat and tend to cause cravings for more.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast