Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 180 degree post today page 3

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I see no reason why we can't have our cake and eat it, too.

Although there will probably not be much cake unless someone has a good coconut flour recipe.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    That's mostly speculation but my point is that caloric restriction is not necessarily necessary.
    Isn't there a theory that caloric restriction is beneficial because induces IF? The animals eat all their restricted food before the day is over and fast the rest of the time.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Heh, I wouldn't be surprised. MolGrok said that caloric restriction is "legit", but then there's also some evidence that IFing is legit too. And some more evidence that lots of stuff can be restricted regardless of calories, so caloric restricton doesn't seem all that appealing. If we can get very leptin sensitive and spend a month or so of cramming as much healthy food into our mouths as possible, then we're not going to have much of a tendency to eat a lot of food anyway. Smaller meals are satisfying and sustaining.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Matt said "Like anything, both approaches have benefits and drawbacks, so I guess the main thing is to not get blindsided by one theory vs. the other, but hold on to your own decision-making power - and make your decision based on your own biofeedback."

I think that's the best statement of advice I've seen yet and can be applied to all theories! Just sums it up for me.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    That's what I like about him and his site. He's tried a lot of approaches, many extreme, so when he comes across one, he's not going to BS you. And I like the heavy adrenal relation he puts on the site, makes for an interesting read.

I guess if anything this just emphasizes recovery even more.

Sleeping, sunlight, walking, relaxing, and playing. I think I'll do all those within the next 24!

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Oh well, i love chillin all day, and putting down a huge meal in one sitting. That's just my opinion. I am quite satisfied any way i look at it.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    I don't really think that an IF necessarily equals caloric restrictions. From what I have read about IF, it is not eating less, but simply waiting a specific period of time before eating all your necessary calories.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    yup! what cerebelum said. I read you practiced the warrior diet =)
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrappler View Post
    yup! what cerebelum said. I read you practiced the warrior diet =)
    I sure did! Although I now go with the leangains approach which simply gives me a slightly longer eating window, I still enjoy stuffing my face daily after a nice long fast!
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Darrin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Agreed, cerebellumsdayoff.

It's critical to note that intermittent fasting is NOT caloric restriction. While you can be pretty sure to live longer if you cut yourself off at every meal while you are still hungry, there's nothing about IF that says you need to do the same.

Personally, IF just WORKS for me. Due to some weird quirk, I can wake up every morning and go the entire day without eating, and I won't feel a bit of hunger doing so. But... as soon as I have my first bite to eat, I am ravenously hungry after a couple hours without food and remain so for the remainder of the day.

So to say that IF is miserable (as CR surely is) is too much of a generalization. I eat two meals a day - lunch and dinner during the week, breakfast and dinner on the weekends - plus one 24-hour fast each week, eating until I am full (sometimes obscenely full) every time, and I doubt I feel hungry more than the average person does.
    Lean, Mean, Virile Machine
    The Modern Man's Guide to Health, Fitness, and Wellness

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast