Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There are "those people" out there! page

Metismomma is offline Senior Member

There are "those people" out there!

Shop Now
    Remember in the documentary "Fat Head" where he talks about "those people", people so stupid they don't realize that something is bad for them, ie. fast food? He said that "those people" don't exist. That everyone knows that fast food is bad for them, but they eat it anyway. (condensed version to be sure )

As it turns out, he was wrong. Some people are that stupid. On another forum I read regularly, a woman posted about how she has super high blood pressure, high cholestrol, is trying to lose weight and was just recently put on beta blockers vs the blood pressure meds they kept increasing.

She drinks 4-5 root beer a day. Seriously?!! I mean...SRSLY!! Come ON! She refuses to try anything else because she gets nauseated with water. She won't drink tea because it has caffeine in it.

/facepalm.
    Calm the f**k down.

avocado is offline Senior Member
    She claims the rootbeer is good for her?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    My mother was telling me to drink sugary seltzer water with quinine in it because "it's good for the stomach".
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    She claims the rootbeer is good for her?
    +1...Just because she does it doesn't mean she doesn't know.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Kinda OT, but has anybody seen the movie Idiocracy? I get reminded of this movie from REAL LIFE way more often than I should...just saying, if you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about. There are plenty of "those people" out there!

BugMan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie82 View Post
    Kinda OT, but has anybody seen the movie Idiocracy? I get reminded of this movie from REAL LIFE way more often than I should...just saying, if you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about. There are plenty of "those people" out there!
    While the premise of the movie is solid, the movie not so much. I reference this movie frequently, and wish I could recommend it without explaining how poorly it was done.
    Primal Cyclist - No Brakes, No Gears, No Handlebars, One Wheel, No Problem

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    You're right. Maybe she does know, but she refuses to give it up. She won't drink anything with artificial sweeteners or caffeine. She feels its better to drink 4-5 cans of root beer than nothing at all.
    Calm the f**k down.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    They aren't all 'out there'. Some of them are right here.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    While I`ll agree that people know a greasy burger and super sized fries aren`t good for them, that`s kinda where it ends for most people. Mac & cheese for dinner? HEALTHY if you add peas and corn. Really pat yourself on the back if it`s ORGANIC mac & cheese. The things we consider junk food are staples for the majority of north america.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugMan View Post
    While the premise of the movie is solid, the movie not so much. I reference this movie frequently, and wish I could recommend it without explaining how poorly it was done.
    Amen. I love the idea of the movie... I hated watching it. It's depressing that they claimed the idea and made such a piece of junk with it, whereas they could have left it for someone else to do better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast