Thread: My Primal Journey page

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member

My Primal Journey

Shop Now
    I decided to start a new journal. I had one a couple years back and it chronicled mostly success for me for about a year. However, since then, like many perpetually obese people, i have had some setbacks. I am not starting over, just refreshing my journey and wanted to start a new journal to signify that

I wont bore anyone with long stories of my past, in a large part because it parallels so many of yours. Short version, I have been big most of my life. The earliest i remember getting called fat is definitely early in elementary school, and although i didn't get to the truly morbidly obese phase until college, suffice it to say that despite years of athletics and activities, I was on a fast track to death most of my life.

My highest weight from age 18-31 or so was 335, and low was 270. I was at both the highs and lows of that numerous times.

In July of 2012 I returned home from a trip to new york visiting family at my highest weight (well 333) and depressed. I fell back into a conventional wisdom low calorie low fat diet and was successful and miserable.

i got to around 308 and became stagnant and even more unhappy. Through some encouraging from a crossfit friend (just before the word crossfit became synonymous with cult) i stumbled upon nerdfitness and eventually here. Through Mark and Rob Wolfe i started devouring information and around halloween that year i became 98% paleo.

fast forward nine months and i sat at my lowest weight as an adult 254 and was well on my way to being happy and healthy.

Unfortunately i made a decision that ruined all of that for me, and that was coaching football. During that following fall i gained around 20 pounds during the season as a result of a lack of drive and interest. I wont blame football per se, obviously I made the choice on my own, but my time schedule and stress levels led me to make that choice.

I would like to state, that although i gained some weight, i did not necessarily go back to eating whatever i wanted, i was just having good days/bad days and not being consistent.

Fast forward to today. Over the last year I have stayed between 270-280. I was not happy, but not unhappy as i was doing a good job of maintaining. Unfortunately the holidays killed me this year and I sat at 296.8 after the holidas, a full 42 pounds gained and right around half my loss brought back

Well that was a week ago and today i was 290.8 and i am back on the train and committed. I really want to get to the 255 range again by spring break (which is only 11 weeks) so i need to really ram this hard.

We shall see

cheers
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 291 LW 254 GW 220

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    so its been about a week since i started back up strong. Looks like im down about ten pounds, but my scale is acting a bit funny. Think I'm going to be picking up a new one after pay day. Suggestions welcome. cheers
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 291 LW 254 GW 220