Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal affects on eyesight.... page

Carolyn12565 is offline Junior Member

Primal affects on eyesight....

Shop Now
    It has been almost 7 months and yesterday I went for my yearly eye appt. The doctor kept repeating the vision test and finally said, "wow, I've never seen this". My distance vision has drastically improved! I'm curious if any one else has experience a similar situation? I know there are so many advantages to eating clean but I never thought it would actually improve my vision. Oh well for whatever reason, it was exciting to hear something improved instead of "well you're getting older so.....things change". I'm excited to here your responses.

Elliot is online now Senior Member
    Do you know how much your vision improved? Are you 20/20 now?

Pamela M is offline Senior Member
    How old are you? My brother's eyesight improved as he got older. So much so in fact, that he no longer wears glasses. He's not primal in any way, shape or form. I doubt this has anything to do with your eating habits.

Meant2Move is offline Senior Member
    My close/reading vision is strongly impacted by eating grains, particularly wheat. If I eat it, I need readers; when I avoid it, I don't. I think there is also an effect on my distance vision, but nothing I've ever had tested or tried to quantify.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

MuchLove is offline Senior Member
    Blood sugar problems can affect eyesight.

Pamela M is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuchLove View Post
    Blood sugar problems can affect eyesight.
    True, but as I understand it, that's a temporary affect, due to a fluctuation of blood sugars. I might be reading this wrong, but the OP mentioned a prescription change after years (?) of wearing glasses (I'm assuming here). I just know that eyesight can improve without the benefit of huge dietary changes.

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn12565 View Post
    It has been almost 7 months and yesterday I went for my yearly eye appt. The doctor kept repeating the vision test and finally said, "wow, I've never seen this". My distance vision has drastically improved! I'm curious if any one else has experience a similar situation? I know there are so many advantages to eating clean but I never thought it would actually improve my vision. Oh well for whatever reason, it was exciting to hear something improved instead of "well you're getting older so.....things change". I'm excited to here your responses.
    A couple of things can improve near sightedness, one good and one not good. I assume your's is good since your eye exam would have revealed the bad.

The good reason can be fat loss in the face around the eyes allowing the lens to change shape. This can have the opposite effect too.

The bad reason is that improved distance vision is a temporary, early sign of cataract.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

it went from 25 to 15. I'm 49 with no blood sugar issues or any other health problems. i was just curious about this and I have now way of knowing one way or another. I'm taking it as a positive and will continue this journey.

Have you recently stopped taking hormonal birth control? That can affect vision too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No, I haven't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast