Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me find my way page

Help me find my way

Shop Now
    Hi again everyone...

So I'm hesitant about posting because I've posted a similar topic before. I seemed to have hit a bit of a plateaux, at least I think I have. I know from before, the consensus was just give it time. So it's been about 4 weeks with no discernible difference on the scale or in my belt. Granted, over Christmas I was a little off, and I have noticed I'm not as strict as I was before, but not far off base. Anyway, I just can't seem to break past 260lbs. I might try some more intermittent fasting, but I'm hoping some of you might take a look at my food journal and give me some suggestions. I've done a pretty good job of keeping track of what I eat.

Also, let it be known that I really don't care about the scale. I understand the bigger picture, it just concerns me when things seem to be stalled not with so far to go. Is this kind of pause normal? I started at 293lbs oct 27 2014 currently at 260.1

Thanks
    John

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    33 lbs in a little over 4 months is pretty cool man! Btw go ahead and link to your food journal if you want us to take a look.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-13-2015 at 08:48 AM.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread111528.html

That should link to my journal. I hope...

Also, I appreciate the complement. I agee! That's why I'm so concerned since December 5th I've gone from 265 to 260 back up to 263 this morning....It just seems as if everything has halted! Reason for concern?
    Last edited by College Geezer; 01-13-2015 at 09:41 AM.

sharperhawk is offline Senior Member
    How are you doing with the other aspects of Primal: exercise, sleep, sun, stress management?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Just looked. Food choices and meals look great! Congrats on new team member as well! I would suggest you ignore anyone claiming that you are not eating enough. Unless you are lethargic or feeling constantly hungry there is no reason to eat MORE food if your goal is weight loss.

So ya, I think your diet looks spot on. How's the rest? What do you do for exercise?

eats.meats.west is online now Senior Member
    Ditch the scale, concentrate more on staying the course. Some people can cheat or stray and be ok, others like myself and maybe you are best on a rigid diet avoid all crap all the time. Eventually eating the way you do will reward you with less weight and more health.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I have a similar issue. Stalled out around 230 lbs. Right now I'm getting my thyroid tested. Have you been to a doctor to rule out any physical problems? Although I think in general, plateaus are normal.
    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Thanks for all the great replies I'll try and answer all. As far as other aspects of primal, exercise, i play ice hockey (goalie) anywhere from 4-6 hours a week quite high intensity. Over Christmas, like everything, this slowed. It has since resumed. Sleep. We just had a baby, so my sleep is not at 8 hours like it should be, but it's not far off. As far as everyone saying eat more, that's not going to happen. I feel great and definitely do not need more food. Again, I'm not overly concerned with the scale, I just see it as a potential indicator of an issue. Is the consensus here that this plateau is normal and to continue as I am?

Cheers

Oh, and haven't been to a dr in years but should soon

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am finding 5:2 and Paleo work well.
    Welcome to 5:2 intermittent fasting The Fast Diet
    May not be for you but worth a look.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast