Thread: What vitamin am I missing? page

Fern is offline Senior Member

Question What vitamin am I missing?

Shop Now
    My thumbnails are wavy, that's the only way I can describe it. I figure this must be a deficiency of some sort. I take cod liver oil, d or d3 I cant remember and magnesium on a almost daily basis. Anyone have any ideas on what im lacking? Thanks!

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking ridges that run the length of your nails? If so, are your extremities often cold? Could point to circulation problems vice vitamin deficiency. Just an idea.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    This site may give you some guidance about what the cause might be; I'm not sure which of the listed categories your description of "wavy" nails would fall under:

Fingernail conditions
    http://www.humanhand.com/fingernails.html

Barb is offline Senior Member
    I have terrible ridges on my nails too and I have Raynaud's - very poor circulation to my fingers. Been primal 5 months, lots of CLO, vit D, leafy greens, grass fed meat, omega 3 eggs.....you name it. No improvement. I don't know what causes it, but it has been noticably worse since the past two years and I am 53. ?Related to menopause hormone changes?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    I have terrible ridges on my nails too and I have Raynaud's - very poor circulation to my fingers. Been primal 5 months, lots of CLO, vit D, leafy greens, grass fed meat, omega 3 eggs.....you name it. No improvement. I don't know what causes it, but it has been noticably worse since the past two years and I am 53. ?Related to menopause hormone changes?
    How's your zinc intake? K2?

What's your A to D ratio?

Maba posted this fantastic link some months ago.
    http://mrishaanshareef.blogspot.com/...ct-health.html

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Fern is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, its beau's lines that I have. I am almost 100% sure its iron or zinc that I am missing as I don't have any of the diseases that are listed as causes of it. now I just gotta figure out how much of these supplements I need to take. But I'm very happy to have hopefully figured out the cause.