Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TillyMonstar's 21 Day Challenge weeeee! page

TillyMonstar's 21 Day Challenge weeeee!

Shop Now
    Soooo I wrote a big ol' long winded post about my issues blah blah. So lets start fresh and not talk about all the crap I've been going through and on with the new and fresh...

I tried to use the Vimify app but it kept crashing on me. So I'm here for accountability.

I need to lose 90 (yes, 90) pounds but will settle for 60 pounds to get to a size 16. I need to cut sugar, wine and ALL grains. White rice is not primal. But you knew that.

I'm also T-Tapping to lose inches. I plan to do yoga and I already walk a lot with my kids. I also love to hike and will be incorporating that with my family on weekends. You could also count this as play. I sleep like shit, I have a teething toddler so not much I can do on that front. In regards to primal movements, I need to master them, BUT I want to wait and see before I start that, a kettle bell or HIIT workout. Sprinting also KILLED me last time I tried. They are very fatiguing for me right now as I am hypothyroid and carrying so much weight around and oh yeah not much sleep! So here we go!

Today the baby is sick with a fever so I'm really tired and all my prep and good intensions are out the window. Ugh being a mom is the hardest job ever.

M1:
    2 crispy eggs on top of spinach. With a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (nom nom paleo recipe!)

Coffee with heavy cream and organic honey.

M2:
    I snacked with one hand while holding the most sad little sick baby.
    1/2 avocado, lime juice
    Gallo uncured salami (which has sugar and dextrose damnit)
    Some black olives
    A coconut oil fat bomb (all primal ingredients)
    Baby carrots
    Opal golden apple

M3:
    DELISH fish (vera cruz marinaded) from Trader Joes
    Green beans with tons of butter
    WHITE RICE. Nope. Not Primal! I was shaky I think from lack of carbs so yeah...

I did my T-Tapp workout though I was so damn tired. Now back to caring for a very sick baby and a pissed off husband because my 5yo is insane...
    Last edited by TillyMonstar; 01-12-2015 at 10:52 PM.
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all." --Hypatia

So the baby wouldn't sleep and I stupidly found a "paleo banana shake" on Pinterest so... I made it at 11:30pm. Yeah it was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all." --Hypatia

Omfg tired. This teething stuff really sucks. I'm eating way too fast trying to beat the time she will stay in the high chair. I don't even think she makes it to 5 whole minutes. Mealtimes are hectic.

M1:
    Crispy fried egg over spinach. I even enjoyed the runny yolk which usually makes me gag. It really makes a dressing like the blog post says. So delish.

This last pregnancy left me with so many food aversions! I can't stand the smell of ghee. Grass fed beef makes me slightly gaggy too. Like wtf?!

2 sausage meatballs that taste less like breakfast sausage and more like meatballs! Still good though!

Coffee with organic cream and honey. I'm not digging the taste so I added some raw cane sugar because I want my coffee and I want it nowwwww!

M2:
    Delish spinach salad with grassfed taco meat, avocado, black olives, lime juice and olive oil. And I thought I was sick of salads.

Here's the weird thing... I think when I put cheese on a salad because it sounds so good... It ruins the salad or something?! Makes me wonder.

M3:
    Dinner is sausage, peppers and onions. Will have it on baby spinach with olives instead like the good little girl I am. A tiny bit of rice.

Snacks:
    Whey protein with coconut milk from a carton. I didn't like so I threw most it out.
    Opal Apple
    Few slices of Gallo salami

I ate a few chocolate almonds. They are leaving my home tomorrow in DHs lunch so I thought I'd have a few. Soooo good.
    Last edited by TillyMonstar; 01-13-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Ah, I recall those days of teething. Thought it would literally be the end of me. All I can say is that it does get better, eventually. I survived 2 little boys 16 months apart, and the first was high maintenance, and I worked rotating 12 hours shifts. They are now 19 and 18 years. I survived.

Take it one day at a time, or even moment by moment if that is the sort of day. Sleep when you can.

Funny you say that... this baby seriously does nothing by cry lately! I'm surprised I ate well-- but I managed too. Thanks for the encouragement!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Hi Tilly, are you on medication for your thyroid? If so do you get it checked regularly? Having a baby really changes your hormones.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Yep I'm on Nature-thyroid. It's another version of Amour. I'm not under the care of a doc right now and it's infuriating. The one I was going to is now 160 miles away but he also looked only at my TSH and gave such a low dose it didn't do much. So I researched endlessly and found a dosing strategy on the stop the thyroid madness website. Simply double up 1/2 grain for two weeks then add another 1/2 grain and so on till symptoms disappear. It worked! I am having a lot of trouble getting my RX filled by imho incompetent docs and have been through many now. It's a struggle. But I know these meds are my answer. I know because the second I'm off them I get all the classic hasi/hypothyroid symptoms. Constipation, brain fog, fatigued no matter how much sleep I get, no energy, hopelessness, sleep issues etc.

This last pregnancy ruined my body. I'm doing T-Tapp to help with this but am not really seeing results yet.
    Last edited by TillyMonstar; 01-14-2015 at 03:05 PM.

Day 3:

I thought for kicks I'd try a little fasting to see if I could. Oh dear. It turned into a snack fest so I need to eat before 1pm or else. Mind you we didn't get up till 11am due to mega night owl children. This is not my first rodeo with a nursling so I know things will die down on the nursing front as she gets closer to two. But I won't wean right now and will wait for her to decide.

I am not sure if I'm leptin resistant after reading some very intriguing stuff about it. Does it act differently while nursing? Maybe it's nursing a baby that makes me hungry all day (Occam's razor?). I'm also trying not to cook more then twice a day. So if I'm feeling hungry I'll grab an apple, nuts or some frozen fat bombs. Those really help and I'm glad I made them!

Is leptin why I can't lose any weight?! I'm not that mom trying to lose the last 10 pounds. I need to lose like 100 pounds! T-tapping doesn't seem to be yielding the results that book promises. I'm doing it every day and I *think* my pants fit better but not sure. I do know it's hurting my knees and no matter how my form is my knees crackle everytime I bend them! I'm skipping the lift heavy things workouts for T-Tapp so crikey it better work.

I'm feeling great so far and eating really well.

M1:
    Few apple slices, gallo sugar salami 😁

Egg frittata with spinach, bell peppers, olives. Lots of olive oil and butter to cook it in.

2 turkey/pork sausage meatballs

1/2 avocado

Coffee with organic cream and tsp. raw sugar. Not using honey anymore. I find the flavor weird and also read honey is super high in fructose. Need alternatives here. Might go for stevia. But it's the ONE thing I'm being lax about. I don't think it's a biggie. I'm an addict in denial...

M2:
    Made some mayo that's REALLY thick but just planning to use in egg salad so who gives? That's as far as I've planned.

M3:
    Left over sausage, bell peppers and onions. Not thrilled to eat it. No sides or greens to go with it. I guess I could make rice but we know that rice is NOT primal.

Suggestions are welcome!!!

Snack attack:
    Felt a bit shakey after my 2 mile walk (you could say I was rucking but instead of the backpack with weights I had on my 16mo in a woven wrap. 25 pounds of cute!) so... I had some maple syrup sweetened toasted coconut chips. So good but are they primal? Don't think so. But maybe?

Also made a blueberry and coconut milk smoothie that was meh but I had a few sips. I'm so picky about smoothies!

Sent from my iPhoDaily Apple Forum
    Last edited by TillyMonstar; 01-14-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I had to go and research t tapping... very interesting... looks simple but I reckon if I give it a go it will be harder than it looks. I'm at work now so not going to try right now for fear of looking like a complete idiot!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For the meals where it seems something is missing, like bread or a tortilla, I have an egg tortilla I make. It's pretty much an open face omelet, but I flip the whole mass over. Once it cooks through, it can be used as a crepe or tortilla to hold food together. You could also scramble everything together with eggs or make an omelet with it.
    I've also taken left overs like that and tossed ot with spaghetti squash and crushed tomatoes.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast