Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to be able to count on myself!!! page

From Shmoe to Joe is offline Junior Member

I want to be able to count on myself!!!

Shop Now
    I figured I would start a journal for accountability purposes.

I am hoping that by putting myself out there for the whole MDA community to see, that I will stick to the lifestyle. I am ready to hit this 21 day challenge with excitement and to see it through to the end. And then of course, continue on for the rest of my life.

I am truly embarrassed to share what my starting weight is, but I know that if I am going to put myself out there, I need to do it 100%. So, here goes…my starting weight is 409 pounds. I wear a size 54 pants and a 5XL shirt.

I cannot believe that my fingers had to type in that number. How? How have I allowed myself to get to this point? It is time for a major change. A change in the way I eat and in the amount I move…but more than anything, the biggest change I need to make is, I need to make a conscious effort to become somebody that I can count on. Not allowing myself to lie to myself and break promises that I have made to myself. To be the person that makes the right decisions for ME, regardless of any surrounding circumstances. To have Integrity! I want to become the example that my kids can look at and KNOW that anything can be accomplished through dedication and hard work.

THE LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE IS WORTH WORKING FOR!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Joe, you can do this!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

meepster is online now Senior Member
    Good for you! You can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

kjd1965 is offline Junior Member
    Great start Joe! Take it one day at a time. We are supporting you out here on the east coast!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Good Luck Joe. Primal will save your life if you follow the plan.

LumLum is offline Junior Member
    Hey Joe!
    Seems like you and I joined at the same time...
    I need to be the role model for my kids too...
    Let's see what we can do!
    but the question is : WHERE TO START?! i am getting lost with all this info!

You got this.

I was at 332 in high school, which was tough. Once you commit though you start to feel so much better so quickly that mometntum really begins to work for you. Back in the day my weight loss plateaued at about 270 pounds, but that 60 pounds was a night and day difference.

Sysof is offline Member
    I recently joined too, and have a similar long haul ahead of me.

What you wrote about becoming a person with integrity, one who can count on themselves really struck a chord with me.

Go get it.

From Shmoe to Joe is offline Junior Member
    Well, we are now on day 3 and I am feeling good.

I did have a slip up at lunch yesterday, but I really believe that was due to me being unprepared for the day in terms of food.

There is a positive to take away from this "fail" though and that is, I did not allow that one moment of weakness to derail my efforts completely. I still went home and had a nice sized chicken breast and a huge helping of cauliflower. I even passed on the carrots that I had been looking forward to because my wife accidentally used margarine on.

In the past, I would have allowed that moment to take over my whole day. Which would then turn into the rest of the week. It has always been a vicious cycle, and I am tired of being disappointed in myself. That side of me that is always trying to justify the bad decisions is not welcome in my life anymore.

So, where as I am a little bit disappointed at allowing myself to fall off the wagon...I am very excited in how I handled it. Its a minor victory...but a victory nonetheless!!!

THE LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE IS WORTH WORKING FOR!

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You are on track, and the mindset is right! One great thing with Primal is it is a forgiving plan, there are no permanent fails, just shake off the dust from the fall, climb back on the wagon and press forward.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast