Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to avoid carb cravings? page

Primo is offline Junior Member

Question How to avoid carb cravings?

Primal Fuel
    Hello, I am trying to eat less carbs but it is difficult, especially crackers in winter time.

I was thinking if taking a spoon of oil instead of carbs. I already take one or two flax seed oil spoons so I am considering olive oil.

The problem is that carbs give fast energy from glucose, but what about oils?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Well fats will not give you muscle glycogen which is the fuel used during intense exercise.

IMO, taking a shot of oil every time you're craving something "bad" sounds just as bad as the actual "bad" thing.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    While some oils have some benefits, they are still no substitute for eating real whole foods. Some folks go cold turkey and give up all carbs; some wean themselves like you are trying to do. I think it's best to get over carbs (grains, added sugar) as quickly as possible. Try snacking on hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, all beef franks (nitrate free), bacon, etc. These foods will give you energy and you will feel full. It's worth it to stick it out in giving up grains and sugars. You will feel much better and have more energy. Real food is where it's at. (And I'm someone who has had to get over depending on whey powder smoothies!)

jadeocean is offline Member
    I think this link has some great info: http://www.paleonu.com/panu-weblog/2...-into-fat.html

+1 to Bird Goddess!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Im a little confused to where the spoon of oil came from? If that is satisfying your craving, I'd say that you're probably not eating enough calories, which could be the reason behind cravings.

That's just my opinion based on the fact that a spoon of oil doesn't sound too appealing, although it still caries calories.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    That's Sally Fallon's idea.

I like the idea of lots of meat, fat, and low carb vegetables for those trying to reduce carbs. A couple of cups of mashed cauliflower usually did it for me the first time I ever reduced carbs greatly.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Oh yeah lots of the WAPF women do that... I guess I'd rather just eat the calories, but that screws with macros if that's what you're trying to get down...

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Thanks for the replies.

I should try vegetables instead, but it is difficult.

Today I just eat an egg, but maybe 1 or 2 eggs/day is too much.

If you're not trying to hit certain macros besides calories and carbs or something like that, I would have the eggs over spoons of oil. To each his own I guess.

Would tomatoes be a good choice? Or do they contain the same fructose as other fruits?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast