Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: effortless, the natural way page

sophie bear is offline Member

effortless, the natural way

Shop Now
    I do believe it is possible for eating to be stress free and effortless. That stopping eating doesn't go with awful and very low feelings. Feelings that seem to only be cured through eating more.

I have gone through stages eating was less of a struggle. There are a lot of stumbling blogs to get there. Besides my abuse of food. I abuse food to fill my life, numb my feelings and give meaning to my life. I ruin my health and social life with it. I abuse food to fill my holes and lacks.
    I do have strong immune reactions to food, from oral reactions to fog and depression. This makes things harder. Being well on the way, having hope again, feeling better, but then getting brain fog, bloating, and low feelings and you do not really know what it is. Then you realize it must be the coconut milk. These reactions sometimes make me gain 5 kilos in a day, they rob me off energy and for some reason they give me the idea I have to eat.

My goals are to feel fit. To live in a body that feel energetic and athletic. To eat without feeling anxious and depressed afterwards. And also not to eat too many animal products (to consider the planet)

Right now my throat is swollen, my legs are swollen and I am a bit low thinking about the endless vicious cycles I am going through. I guess I struggle like most people who start a journal.

I will have to find out what works for me. Grains are definitely out. Processed food not good.
    Sweet potatoes I do not know,
    Dairy not really, but in small quantities seem all right
    No cherry tomatoes!
    Most importantly No apples, my favorite food

Let's see how today goes

Jenna H is offline Senior Member
    Are you doing the 21 Day Challenge?

Hope you have a good day. =)

Oi, turned out not to be such an easy day yesterday. I managed to not only munch my way through a bar of dark chocolate but also nipped through half a bottle of red wine. Two things I haven't done for ages. It is funny how the unconscious reacts to conscious planning. I am literally baffled by the immediate chocolate and wine response, I didn't even realize I was doing something not quite according to plan on this first day.
    A human being is quite a funny creature. However funny, this is NOT the road to great health. Half a bottle of wine is quite a killer when you are not used to it

Oops now I forgot what to plan for today. To be honest I feel tired and blah and just want to get some energy back into my system. Food is important, but at the same time one gets frustrated when expectations are too high. It's january which means even when eating clean people simply have less energy
    Today: I am planning cups of tea and an early evening supper of broccoli leeks avocado and goats cheese
    get strong and just allow yourself to be healthy

3 cups of delicious tea later I feel so much better!
    I mix clipper organic earl grey with clipper green chai. It is the perfect comfort and pick me up
    Also, never plan dinner just after lunch. Simply does not work.
    I am learning stuff here!
    Accountability is the best, even when I am craving a almond marzipan an butter tartlet and accountability makes me actually not able to spin that one
    Good day everyone

Tea is wonderful, isn't it?

I agree on the accountability... one of my coworkers knows I'm doing this and she asks how I'm doing, which helps.

Before I had lunch I felt good, energetic and generally fine just really hungry. I ate and started feeling tired, lightly nauseous and lethargic. The oddest thing is my body thinks that it can relieve this by eating…. And while I am eating I do not feel so lousy. Just after food. This makes it hard not to graze the whole day through. I am not quite sure what to do with this , it is basically what I have struggle with for years causing me to overeat, feel tired and ill throughout the day. What I eat makes a difference in in what way I feel lousy but not that I feel lousy. Maybe I should always plan a walk after lunch. However I also am so used to eating something when I come home.
    stupid stupid stupid
    I am one of those people who uses food to relax. It relaxes my brain but it stresses my body, which in turn has its effect on the brain. Simply said: very primal behaviour. At least something is totally primal!

I am doing fine with no grains, I have been eating far too much dairy however, since I started I suddenly crave dairy. I don't even really like dairy

I think one of the biggest challenges is overcoming our complicated emotional relationships with food, whether it be to relax, as a reward, a compensation, the list is endless. Reminds me of the Weight Watchers commercial: https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...&hsimp=yhs-001

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The whole emotions issue, I am not sure if it is that simple. What are they actually? Emotions are physical reactions, and yes they fuck you up! , they are your body and the body is affected by sleep, food, connection, exercise, sun, fresh air, fun etc. Personally for me dealing with the body, how much to eat, when, how much to exercise, how often, same for sleep and relaxation and connection/privacy. Emotions seems to be symptoms of life. focussing on symptoms gives relieve, but it does not heal.
    At the moment, I am doing great! It is slowly getting lighter, the dark part of january is such hard work!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast