Thread: NewLifePaths Journal page

Newlifepath is offline Member

NewLifePaths Journal

Good morning. I'm new to the board and as I write this, I'm currently completing my second week of a Paleo conversion. I've had minimal cheats (couple bites of a desert and a few gluten-free cookies). My starting weight was 185.6 on a 5'6" frame. I'm an avid golfer and have been dabbling in weightlifting for the past year off and on. I have a fairly nice muscle tone underneath the chubbiness. I'm 34 years old with a career in the pharmaceutical industry. I'm married to a stunning wife (my high school sweetheart) and together we have 2 beautiful children (son 8, daughter 5).

My history is that I've always battled weight and have tried every diet on the market. I have even been to the weight loss clinics and done HCG injections and Phentermine. All short time success. My heaviest was 208 in college and I lost down to 155 my senior year. Obviously I have put a lot of it back on over the past 13 years.

My goal: to be healthy, while looking my best ever and giving my wife a husband she's proud to walk on the beach with. Yes, I want my wife to think I'm hot. After nearly spending half of our lives together, I'm still trying to impress her.

In my first two weeks, I've seen the scale go from 185.6 to 174.2. However, yesterday I was back at 176. I've added some weight training back, so maybe that's the cause. I've additionally lost a pant size already. I'm feeling great, but I'm ready for someone to notice and myself to start noticing some physical changes. I'll post a 12 day pic after this.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Big difference already!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Greetings! I woke up this morning somewhat dreading to weigh-in. I didn't feel too light on my feet and I had a few too many bites of kraut and Italian sausage for dinner last night. However, I weighed in at my lightest weight yet, 173!! I was stoked. My exercise today was a 30 minute jog first thing this morning on an empty stomach.

Food for the day:
    Breakfast - Bulletproof coffee
    Snack - Apple with almond butter
    Lunch - Tuna packet
    Dinner - Grass-fed chopped steak with squash and carrots.

I allowed myself 3 gluten-free chocolate chip cookies today. Felt guilty, but darn they were delightful. I'm not ready for this yet.

Till tomorrow,
    NLP

Day 15 - I was hungrier today than any yet. I ended up stopping at Walgreens for some almonds and beef jerky this afternoon. It's the first time I snacked during the day. I feel I overate today. I did some body weight and dumbbell exercises at home.

Food for the day:
    Breakfast- Paleo casserole
    Lunch - Sirloin w/ asparagus
    Snack - almonds (too many) and beef jerky
    Dinner - baked chicken legs, salad, steamed squash and zucchini.

I'm planning to fast tomorrow.

Great day of eating and a nice workout.
    Breakfast- Bulletproof coffee
    Lunch - Ribeye with asparagus
    Dinner - Baked chicken breast with carrots and sweet potato
    Desert - Apple

Workout - Bench press, Lat Pulls, Tricep Pushdown, Row machine sprints (6 30sec sprints)

Till tomorrow,
    NLP

Good Afternoon: 1/14//15 was easy on the food. I ate breakfast(eggs, sausage, avocado). I fasted the remainder of the day. I didn't feel hungry, but felt some significant mood shifts. It's my first real fast of 24 hours. I weighed on this morning at 169.4. Breaking into the 160s (although barely) feels amazing. Still waiting to see some fat reduction that gives me an "AHAA" moment. It will come. I'm staying the course. Today has been good so far through lunch. I had eggs, sausage and avocado for breakfast. For lunch I had 1/2 steak and a small amount of asparagus and broccoli. We are having pulled pork for dinner.

We are going on a long weekend vacation snow skiing this weekend. My wife and I are cooking tonight to prepare. Hoping to maintain my alcohol abstinence.

Good Afternoon: 1/14//15 was easy on the food. I ate breakfast(eggs, sausage, avocado). I fasted the remainder of the day. I didn't feel hungry, but felt some significant mood shifts. It's my first real fast of 24 hours. I weighed on this morning at 169.4. Breaking into the 160s (although barely) feels amazing. Still waiting to see some fat reduction that gives me an "AHAA" moment. It will come. I'm staying the course. Today has been good so far through lunch. I had eggs, sausage and avocado for breakfast. For lunch I had 1/2 steak and a small amount of asparagus and broccoli. We are having pulled pork for dinner.

We are going on a long weekend vacation snow skiing this weekend. My wife and I are cooking tonight to prepare. Hoping to maintain my alcohol abstinence.

Updated Pics - 17 days

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made it through a long weekend vacation with very limited cheats. I had a beer, baked beans and a piece of cornbread to accompany by beef brisket at a great Bbq restaurant. Other than that, I've done great and the results are happening. My clothes are officially too big. Here is my 21 day pic.