Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help cooking a fish page 2

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Agnieszka I *love* Polish delis. All those picked veggies, tons of sausages, ham, bacon, fish, canned fish, roasted peppers...

I also go to a Polish bar from time to time and the food is excellent. They have Zywiec Porter, which I think is very very good. And they serve an excellent kabasa. Plus the Polish waitresses are... well, lovely.

I haven't tried the fish yet. One of the halves is currently defrosting, so I'll taste it soon. I'm optimistic though, because it smells delicious.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Agnieszka Guest

I cannot knock the waitresses. They alone are worth visiting Polish bars.

Have you tried the (primal, I think) flaki soup? You must.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Ok so I ate half the fish as it was after it defrosted, and I liked it. It wasn't GREAT though, but good enough It wasn't bony either, and the meat was fatty, which is great (omega-3s) and the reason why I chose Mackerel over other types of fish.

Agnieszka I have never tried the soup. I googled it but didn't get much hits. I also do not recall seeing it in the Polish bar menu. What is it made of?

Maybe I should hit a Polish restaurant.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Agnieszka Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I think I'll do the same! (re: your last line)

I'm making myself hungry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaki.

Note to self: have mackerel sashimi next time at a Japanese joint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12