Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angela's Journal - healing mentally and physically page

Angela's Journal - healing mentally and physically

Shop Now
    I am new to MDA but not the primal lifestyle. I have dabbled on and off for a while but have never fully committed.

I have suffered with anxiety, panic attacks and depression for the past 5 or so years. I've been on cipralex for the past four years. When i started medication I was in a VERY dark place and the medication did save me, but i paid a price as well. 60 lb weight gain, intense cravings for carbs, extreme fatigue, achy body. My ultimate goal is to start healing my gut and be able to wean off the medication and I am confident I can do it with the healthiest lifestyle.....Primal of course!

I am a 33 year old mom of two amazing boys. We love on a farm with our 2 dogs, hamster, degu, 25 laying hens, 3 rabbits and 6 baby bunnies. Thankfully our chickens provide us with many eggs a day and our breeding trio of rabbits provide us with babies that are nurtured into many pounds of delicious rabbit meat. We will be adding to our crew in the spring with turkeys, lambs and pigs

Looking forwards to getting to know some of you and I am always open to constructive criticism and positive comments. Cheers!

HeuristicFireFlower is offline Senior Member
    Hi Angela!

You've come to the right place. I'm also on the path to heal my own gut and brain and have found much support from many on the same journey to health and from a few that have become constant MDA pals.

Healing the body will absolutely heal the mind. No doubt.
    I wish you great successes as you tread through the levels of progressing health.

KimLean125byMar15 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Angela,
    I feel your pain. Depression is a beast. I've also struggled with it for some years but was too afraid of the side effects to take meds. I've also started a journal today to monitor my 2 month plan to lose 25 lbs while somehow 'managing' my sugar/carb cravings. Don't give up even if you have a setback. If you don't feel like going out for some exercise even though you had planned to, just put on your workout clothes and shoes. You'll more than likely end up going outside. If you planned for 1 hour but only managed 20 minutes, that's a win. I wish you the best.

Today I spent a good part of the day prepping. Out with the old, in with the new. Grocery shopping done for the week. Also baked up the 48 pound Hubbard squash in my cold clear. Made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce. And my spiralizer came in the mail! Yay! Looking at Tommorow for a solid start date now that I have things ready and prepared!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Annieh is offline Senior Member

So I've went grocery shopping, prepped food, done weight and measurements just got my records and what have I done? Nothing. I make myself so angry and upset that I just can't get past using food as a crutch for emotions.

I have problems anxiety and depression. Most of my anxiety comes from fear of death. I get a pain in my chest and I think I'm having a heart attack. I get a pain in my leg and I think I'm going to throw a clot. I never had these fears until I had children. I also work in a nursing home and have helped care for middle age people dying of cancer which terrifies me. I just can't figure out why I use food as a crutch to help me deal with the anxious feelings. I fear dying, so you'd think I'd be in the mindset to want to be as healthy as possible. It's frustrating and I know there's so much to it. I was so positive and motivated at the beginning of the month and did so well for the first day and a half and then the detox kicked in. It made me freak out. Got a headache and was scared i was having an annurysm. Dizzy, thought stroke. I can laugh about it all now, but it was so scary at the time. My mind tells me I'm fine, but my body says no way, here's a panic attack! I am a total sugar and carb junkie. I could eat an entire loaf of bread with butter. 2 tsp of sugar in my coffee? Yes please.

I don't know how to break free of my food addiction. I've tried 80/20 and then 20% throws me over the deep end. I've tried cold turkey and the detox royally sucks. I've tried weaning myself off of sugar and such and that little taste of sugar just makes the sugar dragon come alive.

I don't know what to do. I know i want to be healthy, I NEED to lose weight. I want to feel energized and alert. I want to be a good example for my kids. :'(

Today was a good day. I ate primal. Life was just crazy and I guess I needed to be more gentle with myself. A friends baby passed away unexpectedly, my son was sick, and the stresses of Christmas just all built up. I just have to remind myself that its ok to slow down and its OK to say no when I don't have time for something.

Today for meals:

Breakfast: shake (banana, cashew butter, coconut milk, diatomaceous earth, flax seed), 2 prosciutto egg cups. Cup of coffee

Lunch: turkey sausage and Thai vegetables stir fried

Snack: apple and almond butter

Dinner: zoodles, marinara baked meatballs, garden salad

Snack: dried cranberries and cashews

Exercise: body beast build chest and Tris

Good luck with everything. I wrestle with anxiety/depression too and am also hoping healing my body will go a long way towards healing my mind. So far for me, sweet potatoes have been a god send for taming my sugar tooth. I snack on fruits too, but the japenense sweet potatoes especially, with lots of butter and some cinnamon, are just perfect. Anywho, keep up the good work and enjoy.

Today was another wonderful day.

For breakfast I had a shake with banana, almond butter, coconut milk, diatomaceous earth, flax seed. Also had 2 prosciutto egg cups

Went for a 6 km cross country ski with girlfriends

Lunch: salad and steak

Snack: cashews and cranberries

1 1/2 hour swim with the kids and hot tub. Ahhh. Needed that!

Dinner: chicken breast, Brussels sprouts and Hubbard squash

Emotions feel stable. I do have a lingering headache which I suspect is detox and headaches trigger some anxiety for me so I've been doing some deep breathing and journaling.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Woke up this morning to a 7 lb weight loss in 4 days? What whaaaaaat????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast