Thread: Primal Zen page

Hulle is offline Junior Member

Primal Zen

Shop Now
    Greetings from the arctic Finland!

I have been an avid reader of Marks Daily Apple (and other paleo blogs for years). I have had also lots of success following primal guidelines, but sometimes life gets in the way. Now some of those obstacles have been removed and I can focus on myself for a change. Planning to participate in the 21 day challenge while also following my new three life rules.

BE ACTIVE. Do something every single day. Walking, cycling, weight lifting, playing ball, whatever feels the best option on that day. Cycling through the winter has been a challenge, but so far I have been able to stay on course, even in -20 celcius. Lots of snow clearing and wood carrying to keep the house from drowning in snow or freezing counts also.

EAT CLEAN. Not much fresh produce around, but trying to make do. Lots of meat and fat, that worked for the eskimos, so why not for me also.

STAY CALM. Removed lots of obligations and extra stuff to clear time for myself. Trying to use this time to reflect on my life and trying to find a purpose. Reading, thinking and just taking it easy.

So let's see how it goes, trying to write some thoughts along the way. All comments and cheers would be dearly appreciated

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Halle and best of luck with you plan.

You know what, northern Groks didn't have much in the way of carbs in winter either. You'll thrive too.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Norajane718 is offline Member
    Welcome, Hulle! It sounds like you are ready to make some changes for a healthier life and have some great ideas to do so. Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

baylem is offline Junior Member
    Good for you! Those are 3 good rules to live by! Might have to borrow them...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

What a lovely day to start the journal. Active, relaxing, peaceful and tasteful.

Cycling to work and back in lovely winter weather. Some more snow work today also and then long walk along the river with a friend in the evening.

Long morning fast today as I was able to eat lunch at 1 pm but survived just fine. Warmed up the oven before the walk, and but in a slab of pork with leftover christmas ham bones, carrots and onions. Wonderful smell when arriving home and tasteful evening supper. Took a pic also but can't seem to get it included via phone.

Now time for some relaxing and book reading.

More snow today. Starting to sound like groundhog day. Cycling to work, to the store and home anyway, about 12 km. An hour of snow work and to sauna to sweat some more.

Long fast today also until noon. Leftovers from yesterdays stew for supper.

Date with a book and the fireplace reserved for the evening.

Wendy717 is online now Senior Member
    A fellow book reader (and writer!) Stopping by to say hello. What kind of books do you like to read? You can check out my journal too if you want, it's call Primal Spiritual Journey. I hail from far away in Arizona in the US. Good luck for a prosperous Primal year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    This is my journal page!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Thanks, Wendy!

I have been reading a lot of health and fitness related books and blogs. And about minimalism too. I'm not a book writer, though. Just trying (and failing) to write some blog posts and now journal entries.

Lately been reading some fiction also just for balance. Stephen Kings Black Tower is now in the works and I have reached the fourth novel, wizard and glass.

I'll check your journal

Pamela M is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulle View Post
    More snow today. Starting to sound like groundhog day. Cycling to work, to the store and home anyway, about 12 km. An hour of snow work and to sauna to sweat some more.

Long fast today also until noon. Leftovers from yesterdays stew for supper.

Date with a book and the fireplace reserved for the evening.
    Now if this doesn't sound like the perfect day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gym workout, thee sets of five. Squat 82,5kg, press 35kg, clean 60kg and some highbar and lowbar rows.

Little bit lazy to start, but got the sets done. You only need to start to succeed.