Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chinese buffet? page

Jenn is offline Senior Member

chinese buffet?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is there anything I can eat there? Don't want to be no fun and not go to lunch with the group!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    i would order hot tea and socialize anyway, then eat something healthy afterwards. I love my friends too but these asian buffet type restuarants are just not worth it to me. EVERYTHING is swimming in vegetable oils, the meat is low quality, and honestly, it tastes like crap usually. If I sound uncompromising its just that I think everyone is better off removing this type of food entirely from their diet, there is really no need to eat it. If your friends give you a hard time about your commitment to better health, then shame on them.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Even if you feel like shit not eating anything while your there, you will feel great afterwards. Trust me
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Most places have fresh fruit and a salad bar. Some have steamed shrimp.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I've done our local buffet twice since starting PB. No more. Well, they do have a standard salad bar as an option, but I'm staying far away from the sauces.

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    I made the mistake of doing one of these buffet places shortly after starting PB, and the next morning I felt like I had a hangover and there was a herd of elephants tap dancing on my brain pan. Order tea and visit--eat after! It just isn't worth it.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Just stick to the meat and veggie dishes, and try to shake most of the sauce back into the pan. Stay away from the noodle and rice dishes. Jeez, folks, the primal diet is supposed to serve YOU; you're not supposed to be a slave to IT! You don't need to be a hermit. Be extra good tomorrow.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    I personally would eat the unbreaded meat dishes without excess sauces, and by eat i mean to devour every single piece of flesh i can find. But thats just me.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

shannon is offline Senior Member
    make sure you ask if they use msg. personally i'd stick to the salad or just skip it altogether.

Harry Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Just stick to the meat and veggie dishes, and try to shake most of the sauce back into the pan. Stay away from the noodle and rice dishes. Jeez, folks, the primal diet is supposed to serve YOU; you're not supposed to be a slave to IT! You don't need to be a hermit. Be extra good tomorrow.
    Right on Dragonmamma. I agree. I personally would have a serving of rice, as I do a couple times a week. Having read PB and MDA thoroughly, there is nothing that justifies completely giving up the joy of rice, especially shared with friends. I would eat with a big smile on my face and feel no need to be "extra good" the next day because I would not have been "bad."

Claiming that food eaten by billions of people is crap offends me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast