Thread: Avocado page

Porkchop senior is offline Junior Member

Avocado

Shop Now
    Hi all , I'm just starting out in my primal journey and have been having a lot of fresh salads with avocado , I've always eaten avocado however I've noticed that lately I get a dull type cramp in my whole stomach and lower back after eating it and it lasts a few hours It's the only thing it could be as I've tried eliminating other foods etc
    Does anyone else get this same pain I'm guessing it's an intolerance . So sad I love avocados 😩

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

John Caton is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop senior View Post
    Hi all , I'm just starting out in my primal journey and have been having a lot of fresh salads with avocado , I've always eaten avocado however I've noticed that lately I get a dull type cramp in my whole stomach and lower back after eating it and it lasts a few hours It's the only thing it could be as I've tried eliminating other foods etc
    Does anyone else get this same pain I'm guessing it's an intolerance . So sad I love avocados 😩

I love avocado. I want to believe you're feeling the effects of some other primal change but it sounds like you've eliminated other causes. Sad.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

MuchLove is offline Senior Member
    Avocado is a fodmap - it contains types of carbohydrates that some people have trouble digesting. You may need to avoid it for a little while and work on rebuilding your gut flora so that you are able to tolerate it in the future.

ndmarts is offline Junior Member
    Your stomach may be adjusting from all the changes you're making. When I started primal it was a shock to the body for about 2 weeks and I already ate healthy. What do you think about this?

TRUE Health & Fitness

Yep sadly I think you're right , may have to lay off it for a while .. This is a very sad thing (FWP)

You could be right , especially since I haven't been eating very well I've christmas , I was feeling so rubbish that I had to make a change . Sick of eating something and feeling guilty now I'm starting to feel lighter and not weighed down at all

*over Christmas *

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I get stomach pain from eating avocado...but I am allergic to it. Could be a minor food allergy (of course that is my answer to everything as eliminating unknown food allergies solved a myriad of ailments for me).
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

ireoyellet is offline Junior Member
    You may need to avoid it for a little while and work on rebuilding your gut flora so that you are able to tolerate it in the future.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone for your input I will be avoiding it for a bit then try to re introduce in a month or so 😊