Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Aine Vend) page

Aine Vend is offline Member

Primal Journal (Aine Vend)

Shop Now
    Day 0
    Plan to begin my journey to a "life of abundance" tomorrow. I made one last pizza for football this afternoon. I will find another use for my pizza stone. Not necessarily a priority in the first 21 days but a challenge for the future. Looking forward beginning again.

Day 1
    Okay very cool, I figured part of Forum posting out. Found my post and it is day 1. Happy to be here and on the right path. Life is a journey and I will not take myself, my ideals or my health for granted.
    I have been reading some pertinent articles on this site. Carbs and depression, Success stories that express the gain of more energy and vitality, weight loss, sense of well being and I can identify with all of them.
    Yesterday was a total carb overload for me in a sort of send off to say so long to fatigue and general lack of zest for life. What an eye opener this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed, had a horrible headache and felt depressed.
    Day 1
    -Starting with a protein shake.
    -Lunch, Roast beef with butter on top, lettuce topped w/ veggies, a little egg and feta and olive oil,( I was at a luncheon and passed on sweet treats and fresh baked rolls, I did try a little fresh pineapple w/balsamic vinegar reduction)
    -Supper, blueberries w/a little cream, bacon and eggs, and a couple spoonfuls of homemade basil pesto

Workout- shoveling at a good pace for 1/2 hour
    Last edited by Aine Vend; 01-08-2015 at 06:33 PM. Reason: adding to days meals

gravesmeister is offline Junior Member
    Just remember it takes a little time to feel the effects of going primal. After about day 3 I finally realized that going primal was the only way I ever wanted to live again. It gets better

Sent from my LG-D850 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Thanks for the encouragement.

Meant2Move is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Sounds like a rough start to the day, and there will be others, but you are on to something wonderful and very good for you.
    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Today will end well. Thanks for the encouragement.

Sent from my LGL34C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Day 2
    Breakfast, Protien shake
    Lunch, Chef Salad w/ Blue Cheese
    Chipper
    Called my house mate and asked him to hide Chippers, chocolate covered potato chips, Christmas gift from my mom. I'm hoping by the end of the 21 days I'll get rid of them. I'd call that a semi-purge.
    Supper, Chicken stir fry, rice cake with butter
    85% cacao small piece

20 min. on glider
    20 chair assisted pull ups
    1min 45 sec and 1 min straight arm plank, no side plank
    20 wall pushups tried regular, did one
    23 pole assisted squats, tried regular, knee killed me switched to pole

I am going to be working on body weight lifting 3 times per week
    Goal 1) be able to do 20 regular pull ups by the end of the year! I have never been able to do one! 2) be able to do 20 pushups by the end of the year!

I walk when I am able, I am using a glider indoors right now due to knee issues.
    Last edited by Aine Vend; 01-08-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: add meal and work out

Day 3
    Protien shake for breakfast
    Lunch, Eggs and bacon

Used custard recipe from MDA and made a variation with cocoa powder, chocolate pudding
    Supper, Primal creamy chicken noodle soup, pudding, blueberries with a dollop of ice cream

I have lived in the middle of nowhere in the past and learned to do a lot of cooking from scratch which helps, I can make most anything and vary it so it's primal, but I'd like to avoid the replacement and substitution trap, it gets me into trouble. I need to be content with out. Years ago I was gluten free and did not eat any grains, I was okay not eating bread, cakes etc., Then I started ordering gluten free flours and such online and making my own breads and I think it opened a gate that eventually lead back to eating unhealthy carbs. Better to do without opening the gate again. When I was primal for a while I remember trying some bread and it felt like a glutenous globulous mass in my gut. That feeling didn't last forever and I was back eating unhealthy carbs again. So I'm going to be more serious about "little cheats" so I don't cheat myself out of an abundant healthy life.
    Last edited by Aine Vend; 01-08-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: adding meals

Day 4
    Protein Shake
    Lunch, Creamy Primal chicken noodle soup, rice cake, slice of Swiss, ham, 2 hard boiled eggs
    Snack, thin slice of Swiss
    Supper, ground beef, salad with carrots and blue cheese, beets, pickled peppers, last of primal pudding/custard
    1/4 C Ice cream

30 min on glider
    Last edited by Aine Vend; 01-08-2015 at 06:28 PM. Reason: adding food

Meant2Move is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'd like to avoid the replacement and substitution trap, it gets me into trouble. I need to be content with out.
    I completely agree with this. It is a slippery slope! There are so many great foods out there, no need to brings these foods into our lives.
    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast