Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitch's Journey 2015 page

DMITCH09 is offline Junior Member

Mitch's Journey 2015

Shop Now
    I didn't want to spend too much time trying to come up with a clever title so...lol

About me:
    Name: Dee or Mitch is fine
    38 year old female (don't let the name fool ya)
    Start weight: Arooooound 170.
    Height 5'4"

Starting with almost a Leptin Restart kinda plan. Keto-Paleo. Over time I want to add more paleo carbs but no more grains or other high-processed food. (Was going to do LR but Dr. Kruse says I'm screwed cause I work 330-midnight)

Start date 1/1/15.

Issues: Hashimoto's thyroiditis, estrogen dominance, casein allergy/intolerance loooowww energy (not today though! lol), hx kidney stones, 1 uterine fibroid that I'd like to see shrink. I want to have my first baby this year or next! I suspect leaky gut. In a perfect world my hashi would be history.

What I'm eating these days: BACON ((I looove bacon so much guys.)) I get natural, uncured or from my local CSA). Eggs for bfast with muenster cheese. I'm doing the BAB so no lunch for me beside hommade turkey broth. Dinner was chicken fingers (pastured and hommade breasts) with blue cheese and a cabbage salad. I tried bulletproof coffee this AM and i got it down but I'm more of a tea drinker. For that I used CO and cream. I also make that with tea. Today and yesterday my ranges were right around 65-70%fat, 25% protein and 5-10% carbs. I'm trying to get into ketosis quickly. Hopefully it'll get me there. I'm slathering butter and CO on everything. It feels weird, but I'm not hungry at all which is great. No craving or caving. Honestly I've tried diets like HCG and cheated on DAY 1 and gave up on day 3. So I feel good today!

Prescriptions Vitamins and Supps:
    Armour Thyroid
    Prenatal multi (would like a better natural one...)
    Vit D 5000 (1-2/day until my numbers come up)
    Probiotic 15billion (1-2/day)
    Magnesium 3-4 times a week (would like a better one, i think I bought a DUD)
    Dessicated Beef Liver (2-4/day)
    Beef Gelatin powder (in tea 1-2tbsp/day)

Milk thistle (~3/week)
    Evening Primrose Oil (4-5/week)
    DIM (for estrogen issue) on hold
    Progesterone on hold
    1/4 caffeine pill about 3 days a week (down from 1/day)

Any suggestions are welcomed!
    Mitch
    Last edited by DMITCH09; 01-02-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Kisfroccs is offline Junior Member
    Good luck ! Kisfroccs

exsugaraddict is offline Senior Member
    Best wishes on your PB adventure!
    The jungster's journal
    Intermittent Fasting support thread
    Goals:
    • Bodyfat 25 May 2014: 22.5 per cent
    • Target bodyfat: 12 per cent

"Those who can let go a little will know a little peace; those who can let go of a lot will know a lot of peace; those who let go completely will know complete peace" - Ajahn Chah

Thank you both!

The last 2 days have been great. Higher energy, no real cravings, no cheats. Last night was the first time in months I went to bed without a snack.

Day 3 has been harder. I think my breakfast was too small. I switched from the bacon and had 2 eggs and grilled carne asada. That was 6 hours ago and then came starving and craving. So I've been eating fat heavy snacks: fresh guacamole, walnuts, brazil nuts and almond butter (and wow, crunchy almond butter is WAAAY better than crunchy peanut butter) also had fresh beef broth. I also need to down some water as soon as I'm done. I'm hoping this will hold me over til dinner around 7. Having wings with blue cheese dressing. Most likely no veggies since the carbs have been up today.

Day 4 went ok. I had my first cheat with a chicken tamale. Pretty good. No regrets. This is definitely the longest I've gone with sweets in years.

Today, I had the typical food:eggs and carne asada for bfast, wings for lunch and dinner. I just had a really good earl grey tea with heavy cream, cinnamon and xylitol. I feel pretty strong since there is bagels and cream cheese in the house that I'm not wanting. I'll probably weigh and measure once this week just to make sure the scales moving. And Tuesday I start running. Which I'm not totally into but my friend talked me into sighing up for two 1/2 marathons.

Erm. Next week meals will include bacon, wild salmon, and a whole chicken along with cabbage, broccoli, and green beans.

Have a good week!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Days 5 and 6. No real troubles. I reduced my food and fat a bit. Still no sweets and I never got a headache or withdrawal symptoms. Surprising but happy about it. Been eating ground beef and cabbage, chicken sausage and eggs. And chicken leg/ thigh. I had my first steak tonight in a loooong time and chose Ribeye for the first time. It was fantastic. Tomorrow is chicken for lunch and salmon for dinner. I also bought more chai and the plan is to have the latte every night before bed. More happiness

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Mitch. Glad you are enjoying it so far. ALll the best with your healthy goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Welcome Mitch. Glad you are enjoying it so far. ALll the best with your healthy goals.
    Thank you!

Hey! Happy FRIDAY! It's my favorite day of the week. Today must be day 8. Been going good so far sticking to the plan, and yesterday was a cheat day. I had a salmon salad for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and then olive garden--pasta, shrimp, breadsticks with alfredo sauce, lemonade and 3 delish cookies. No holding back lol. Today I'm starting with just my version on bullet proof tea. Lunch will be bacon and eggs and dinner TBA. I was going to keep this going my own way, then i saw a 21 day blueprint challenge and I signed up, so I start that monday and will keep on posting.

Here's the bulletproof tea:

chai tea (i have a caff and a decaf option)
    xylitol
    cinnamon
    coconut oil
    heavy cream
    gelatin powder

brew tea and pour into blender, add all ingredients and blend.

it's creamy and foamy and delish..it's my go to dessert.

A weird finding this past week. I've been taking my temperature. I'm trying to think about using this to track ovulation yada yada. SO I bought an ear thermom. Usually I have a low basal temp--Hashimoto's Hypothyroid. (97.4 is my normal). About 4 days into this plan, my reading was 100.3, which for me is a fever, but I felt fine. Since then it's been in the 99s steady. I realllly just hope this means my numbers are changing and my metabolism is coming back to normal. It's SOO sluggish. I will say I have not been great about taking my thyroid meds (maybe 4 doses in the last 7 days). So I really should have a lower temp. I'm going to get my labs redone in a month.

In other news I have my workout room set up finally. I'll be in there today for sure.

EDITED to ADD:
    Ya know...I just read someone's story and realized something. Last night I was super itchy. I had to take another shower with my Aveeno skin relief and I thought it was because I was cleaning out the garage that evening but I bet it was the food...something in the Olive Garden crap...gotta remember that in case it happens again. Thanks to CATH!
    Last edited by DMITCH09; 01-09-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay! They loaded the 21 day primal challenge. Happy happy. I don't know how I feel about it coinciding with t.o.m. But whatever. I like the format. My goal is to keep it basic with the food and focus on strengthening 2 of my weaknesses at a time. Week 1 will be to drink enough water and getting my meds/ supplements in every day.

I've been reading through journals lately. Very informative ) I wonder if I'll be around long enough to have 5000+ entries!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast