Thread: How do you choose between low fat high carb or high card low fat, whats considered??? page

Styleten is offline Senior Member

How do you choose between low fat high carb or high card low fat, whats considered???

Primal Fuel
    Some enjoy vlc and high fat, others enjoy high carb low fat. If both can be used as a means to an end to either gain or lose weight what characteristics are to be considered when making a choice?

I think being naive as a child lead me to take things at face value. If i don't want to get fat don't eat it. That being wrong has lead me to age 29 having enjoyed carbs and protein and feeling fat is terrible.

At probably age 25 or 26 i learned other wise. But with a quarter century of doing things one way if any way at all how do i learn which is right for me... How did you learn which is right for you. What i meant by if any way at all was that i often just ate with disregard for purpose.

Recently i been low carb, low fat, high protein. I bottomed out on energy and got a pot of pasta in the fridge and bought another 10 boxes on sale. Its filling, its enjoyable to eat.

What do i lose by using pasta for energy rather then fats? In what way is the energy supply different?
    Seems like leaded or unleaded, or 87 octane vs 93 but even that stuff i don't understand much.

You got carb fuel, and fat fuel. Whats the difference? What say you

dfast is offline Member
    The health effects of high carb vs. high fat. It's not just about energy. Mark has written loads on why high fat (with low carbs) is better for the human body. Read the main MDA articles - they contain an enormous amount of information about this.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Insulin rollercoaster or consistant energy. I think I'd rather trash the pasta and have some bacon.

Weight loss and health are impacted by more than just calories in, calories out. It's about quality as well as quantity.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    if you want to do higher carb, eat things like sweet potato and yams rather than pasta!
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

soror is offline Senior Member
    I tried high carb back when I thought that it was healthy- now I am low carb and the difference I feel is amazing. So, regardless of what anyone says - be it Dr- or self-professed Google expert- this is how I feel the best.
    Last edited by soror; 07-12-2010 at 05:27 AM.

Asturian is offline Senior Member
    Avoiding the gradual degeneration of health into chronic conditions of disease is the primary reason for avoiding carbs. Carbs affect our intricate balance of hormones, the biochemical interface between our genetic expression and our environment (nutrients, locomotion, and stress). Prolonged insulin secretions as influenced by carb consumption shorten lifespan and the quality of life while alive. Otherwise, they are ok though lacking in complete nutrition.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    because fat is your bodys preferred choice of energy. Saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources provide a concentrated source of energy in the diet; they also provide the building blocks for cell membranes and a variety of hormones and hormonelike substances. Fats as part of a meal slow down absorption so that we can go longer without feeling hungry. In addition, they act as carriers for important fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K. Dietary fats are needed for the conversion of carotene to vitamin A, for mineral absorption and for a host of other processes.

On the other hand, grains are toxic and continually using them as your fuel-source will result in constant raised insulin levels, which sets the foundation for metabolic syndrome, and fat storage. they are also lacking in nutrients, especially wheat and the pasta.