Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help!!! Midwife put me on diet! !HELP! ! page

happyhel is offline Senior Member

Help!!! Midwife put me on diet! !HELP! !

Shop Now
    So. ....

I'm 24 weeks pregnant. Baby number two.

I could fill you with all the excuses under the sun but the truth is I have been a uncontrollable food monster. Hubby has been off for a month and I have eaten eaten eaten. And loved it! !..I know. Naughty.

So I have put on 24lb so far this pregnancy. I'm 5ft 9 inches tall and now weigh 213lb. Or 15stone.3lb.

Midwife had rightly gone crazy and put me on a diet. Now I agree I have to stop the rapid gain and actually lose weight but she's insisting I join Weight watchers

I hate weight watchers and the aspartame filled recipes.

I have told her I want to follow a primal lifestyle as I did prior to the pregnancy and morning sickness. I need diary as if I don't my milk supply stops (happened with last child).

I'm writing her a diet sheet to show what I'm eating. Here is today's. ... All feedback gratefully received BUT please be nice. I'm Horomonal and will cry. Oh and I hate boiled eggs and scrambled eggs need to figure out how to eat more.

Breakfast. ... Very posh nitrate free bacon. 3 slices.

Lunch. ..... Two cold sausages. Large Mixed salad. Apple. Small handful grapes.

Dinner. .. home made beef chilly. Sprouts carrots onions broccoli.

Snacks. ... 3 cups of decaff tea. 2 cups decaff coffee with tea spoon coconut oil in.

Xxx

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Hey there! I think the food looks good except I would've had the chilly TWICE - one more time for breakfast. I can't believe you're not hungry after that little food. Maybe you are? You also could have some sweet potato if you want. Good luck mama! It is a good idea to reign it all in now because we both know how much weight gain happens at the end of the 3rd trimester. You're doing the right thing! Good luck and congrats on the coming baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Another thought...are you using all of that tea and coffee to blunt your appetite? Maybe cut back a bit on some of that and eat more food? Just a thought. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Thank you for your reply. I was scared I would get laughed off the board for such stupid weight gain.

We have snow here in the far far north of England so I'm not really out waddling/walking as its treacherous and im scared I will fall over. I have orders some snow boots to combat this.

I'm honestly not hungry. I ate a huge portion of chilly and veg. Huge. But I love tea. ...I could drink it continually if possible . It's not to squash my hunger.

If I get hungry later I have some natural live low fat yoghurt from a local Farm. I will have some and some cheese. .... I'm cutting back on the cheese but have lots in from Christmas so will just limit my intake until its out the fridge.

I make a amazing Christmas cake lol and have made hubby hide it from me. It's full of dried fruit and it's tradition here to eat it with cheese. In a huge slice. I'm going to eat it after the baby is born lol. Xxx

Ps last pregnancy I put on 20lb of fluid on the two days before I gave birth. Without giving tmi I was weighed before my waters went and then after. They weighed 10lb!!

However. This gain is fat lol. Far too early for water weight. This is allllllll pringles and chocolate weight

MuchLove is offline Senior Member
    Do you like omelettes? Otherwise I wouldn't worry about forcing down foods you don't like. The yolks are the most nutritious bit so maybe you could use them to make salad dressings and stuff like that?

What your eating looks great though, if you eat foods like that every day or most days I think you will be fine. Do you ever have any particular overeating triggers? For instance some people find it very easy to overeat nuts, especially in their roasted and salted form. Easy thing to do is keep those foods out the house. Make hubby stay on plan with you! He can get his treats outside of the house if he has to have them!

I don't mind an omlette every few weeks. ........ But I like it with so much cheese b its naughty!!

Stress is a trigger for me. And lazyness. If I'm at work and then coming home I will ensure my little one eats well and I will grab a sandwich full of mayo. Lazyness because I should cook and freeze.

I'm currently making Chicken soup made from the bones with lots of veg. I'm going to feeeze that ands make a load of chilly and curry as well.

I'm going to have to have a nut ban in the house. I over eat them. And I'm only buying the bread i don't like. Then I Cant do my usual toast with butter for dinner trick x

Can anyone suggest any other freezable easy recipes? I'm off to Google it now x

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I use the following with the paleo menu to stock my freezer Once A Month Meals | Freezer Cooking | Once A Month Cooking What about a frittata with veggies, meat, and some cheese, fried rice, and egg drop soup? All can be easily adapted to primal eating. If I make the recipes for 6 I get 2-3 meals with enough left over for 2-3 lunches. I feed 3 men and myself the dinner and then 2-3 of us need to pack a lunch from leftovers.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank yew
    I'm currently writing lists for what to make. So far its the easiest ones

Friatta sounds ideal. ..x

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast