Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bedouin's @ss kicking blog page

bedouin is offline Member

Bedouin's @ss kicking blog

Hi all,

After stumbling across PB, buying the book & making it my mission to live a primal life, i realised i still have trouble being accountable. So im resigning myself to a daily post with the day's nutrition and fitness, and check in monthly with my weight.

Im 28, happily married to my soul mate (miss h) & live in Sydney, Australia with our fur-baby (Lola). Last week a brand new strength training park started being constructed 50 meters from my gate (a sign from the universe)! So the time is right, the rules are primal & im making the change, for good.

I was always a tubby kid, but athletic, until a shoulder reconstruction which led me to stop playing soccer competitively in my early 20s. I was diagnosed with endometriosis 3 years ago, which is a monster- and funnily enough, some of the earliest advice i got was 'quit wheat, now!' (i wish i did then).

I love bike riding, soccer, hiking and kickboxing, but havent had regular workouts for years. Im convinced im really an athlete in an obese girls body, so im excited about finding a way of life that finally feels right.

Today, I weigh 137kgs. (its never going to be that again)

Any support is welcome!

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Bedouin and good luck with the journey!

B: 2 scrambled eggs with a dash of cream and butter with 3 rashers of bacon

L: salad of lettuce, carrot, beet, tomato and cucumber with grilled fish

S: 95g can of tuna chunks in olive oil

Not sure whats for dinner... but im decidedly hungry today :/

Tonight im going to a Zumba class for the first time! Its mostly for a laugh, and ill try anything a couple of times. Ive heard they darken the room, and play live percussion instruments and bongos so miss h and i are dragging our friends with us excited!

Thanks! I love how supportive this community is. Lovely warm feelings of love and support already transversing the interwebs

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Bedouin!!!

Yo, so zumba was pretty fun & tough! Def. going next week too because I felt so great afterwards also, dinner was about 300 grams beef mince cooked with lots of hot chillis, garam masala and tomato paste served on blanched choy sum and bok choi and topped with a bit of shreded cheese.

Before work tomorrow I'll prepare the slow cooker with gravey beef, mushrooms, some red wine and baby carrots. Love coming home to a fragrant, cooked dinner with minimal prep and I guess I should start taking photos of my meals...

All in all, a productive, happy day. Nighty night

Tues am

Not sore from zumba surprisingly, felt energetic. Shared a drinking coconut with miss h-sooo good. Had a swig of chocolate milk straight after- shocked to discover the coconut was far more delicious.

I've packed a bad ass salad- iceberg, baby spinach, raw macadamia, olives, 1 tblspn of Dutch smoked cheese and a big can of tuna in olive oil. I've got some trail mix, an apple, kiwi and banana to snack on but lately I have been only been eating 1-2 fruits pet day. It was 3-4 when I first started pb, maybe it's got to do with adjusting?

Dinner is still slow cooked beef. Will take Lola my dog out to the doggy park and maybe try sprints wooooo.

Till tomorrow.

Happy Bastille day for yesterday!

I flew interstate very early for work, had a small fruit salad at about 6.30am and some cheese and mini toasts at 10am. Nothing primal at the work lunch- so had a couple of cheese pastries :/ Got home at 8pm, exhausted- to find miss h had prepared an AMAZING primal French feast!! Salad Niccoise (was amazing!! green beans, boiled egg, boiled potato and sliced olive in a mustard, vinegar dressing) and brie stuffed chicken breast, roasted. For dessert she made strawberries and cherries dipped in organic 70% dark chocolate... WOW. We also uncorked a 2004 Chateuneuf-du-pape we picked up in the south of France last year on holiday... Im a lucky girl.

Breakast this morning was a tablespoon of almond butter, wasnt feeling hungry but wanted to try it. nom nom

Lunch is left over salad Niccoise with small can of tuna and some spinach leaves and a small portion of left over slow cooked beef with mushroom and carrot left over from dinner two nights ago.

I just nom'd on some trail mix and have a kiwi and banana for fuit today, as well as a couple interesting types of herbal teas (currently sipping cinnamon, lemon balm, rosehip, apples, cloves, ginger and cardamon blend called 'Harmony' by Husk teas- mmmm).

its a lovely, sunny day, so ill spend the afternoon working outside and plan to walk Lola when i get home from work.

not sure about dinner, may take a drive to the butcher and pick up some great lamb and grill it on skewers with a cabbage and orange salad.

x

Maybe someone can help with this:

I bought a bottle of coconut oil from an Indian grocer- and the instructions were to microwave the bottle for 30 seconds to melt it (if its gone hard). so I did that and when i started heating it up in the wok, it started to smell, really, really bad. like an acrid, instinctivly-chuck-the-whole-thing-out kind of smell. I wasnt sure if thats just how it is, so i stir fried some eggplants with chilli and ate them, i couldnt taste anything wierd, but had lost my appetite due to said stench. Is this smell normal??

XYZ
    XYZ is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't ever remember getting a bad smell. It always smells like coconut to me. I don't heat it up first either though. I dig in with a spoon and slap into/onto whatever I'm using it for.

I have no idea why it might smell unless it's gone bad. But I think you would have known that after eating it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast