Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In-vitro, laboratory grown, stem-cell meat page

vivilee is offline Member

In-vitro, laboratory grown, stem-cell meat

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/4212533

Would you eat it if it could be made healthier and tastier than the best grass-fed meat? What if human flesh could be "grown"? Wouldn't it be the best meat for us? Would you eat human flesh if it was "grown"?

No pain or suffering, vegans could technically eat this flesh. It would end factory farming forever.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    No.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Ew. Ew ew ew. Ew. EW.

What is LESS primal?

Pain and suffering, though uncomfortable in an age when we have the ego to think they are something we can universally control, are natural.

Meat grown on a screen in a lab? Beyond inhumane, it is unhuman, and beyond unhuman, it is unnatural. I'm not overly religious, but it is certain un-Natural with the capital N as well.

Again. Ew.

So "No."

And that stands for eternity, even if I go back to my Arby and Twinkie ways.

But that's the thing, stem-cells if they were to come from the best DNA would create the best form of meat. So you take your most ideal cow, horse, moose or whatever and use it's stem cells to grow flesh that can be consumed. It would be an exact clone. What would be wrong with eating that meat?

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vivilee View Post
    But that's the thing, stem-cells if they were to come from the best DNA would create the best form of meat. So you take your most ideal cow, horse, moose or whatever and use it's stem cells to grow flesh that can be consumed. It would be an exact clone. What would be wrong with eating that meat?
    Nothing.

And Everything.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Assuming that it was literally identical both physically and nutritionally, and cheaper, then yes. But is that going to happen? Vegans will eat soy so long as they don't have to eat meat, and the entire world is grossly ignorant as to the nutritional composition of meat so I really don't see it happening. I predict that lab meat will be deadly, deficient and 100% endorsed by PETA.

But really I probably wouldn't make an effort to obtain some unless they deliver for free.

Maybe they should feed the super martyr vegans to the less radical vegans. They will be vegan heroes
    Last edited by Stabby; 07-11-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

I would it eat, and it would end my own personal moral dilemma with eating meat. However, I can imagine the over-population that would occur.

Would you be considered a cannibal if you ate stem-cell human flesh?

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Would you eat it if it could be made healthier and tastier than the best grass-fed meat?
    It would take a lot before I truely believed it to be healthier... remember...whole grains are 'healthy' for us...

What if human flesh could be "grown"? Wouldn't it be the best meat for us?
    This statement is completely illogical... if such were the case why don't we feed cow meat to cows... or dog meat to dogs... cat meat to cats?...

Would you eat human flesh if it was "grown"?
    No... Are you serious?...even though there have been cannibals through history...and I'd quickly choose eating a person over starving to death... it is far from the way we evolved to survive...

No pain or suffering, vegans could technically eat this flesh.
    This is assuming the only reason for a vegan to be a vegan is because of moral issues with eating creatures...

It would end factory farming forever.
    I'd dare go so far to say that it isn't the end of factory farming but would be the beginning of the 'next generation' of factory farms... except these 'farms' would be even more like a factory and less like a farm...

Quote Originally Posted by FTA
    Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins could be blasted into the mixture
    Mmm sounds natural... kind of like those healthy Flavor Blasted Goldfish... it's pretty much the same...right?...

*sigh* ... things like this... posted here... make me wish I was Stabby... *stab stab*

On a side note I do find the science fascinating... but far from something we should eat... Not even remotely Primal Compliant...

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Ewww. Count me out.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well you shouldn't feed meat to a grass-eating animal however, an obligate carnivore like a cat would probably do very well on a cat meat diet.

Stabby didn't stab me yet.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast