Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Way of Life page

Tonya Richelle is offline Senior Member

A New Way of Life

Shop Now
    I've been at this for about five weeks now. Just got to thinking, maybe it would be good for me to keep a journal. Mostly for accountability,and also so that I can look back and track my progress and see how my health is improving.
    I started PB in an effort to loose a few lbs. and also to help stabilize my health. I have endometriosis, lymphocytic colitis, and interstitial cystitis. (and a history of hyperthyroidism) so definitely AI disease sufferer. After the initial first week of carb flu, I've felt pretty good. My belly has been so much less bloated and tender. My bowels were alot better at first, but in the last two weeks have been pretty messed up again. Not sure what that's about. I did make several allowances over Christmas (cookies, etc.) so not sure if that's the culprit . . . or just that my body is still acclimating to this new way of eating.
    Before I started PB I tried to eat well, and then make up for slip-ups at the gym. I love to exercise. But, I'm forty now . . . and that is not working anymore. So . . . now to accept the truth that my body composition is based mostly on the fuel I give it and not what I make it do. I ended up taking a couple weeks off of exercising mid December . . . had a tummy bug and just couldn't seem to work up the energy. I am pretty active all day though . . . four kids, and I'm a stay at home mom. Took a lovely walk yesterday, and back to the gym today with sets of squats, push-ups, and planks.
    Having trouble on these days when my gut is so upset figuring out what to eat. In the past my go to was the BRAT diet. Veggies seem like the last thing I want to feed myself. After reading some posts today about bone broth, I went and bought a whole chicken and it is half way on it's journey to becomming my first batch of bone broth. Am thinking this will be a wonderful go to on the days my gut isn't happy.
    More soon. Just thought I'd get this started . . .

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Tonya. I hope you enjoy your broth and it agrees with your tummy. Good luck with your goals.

Sipping my first cup of bone broth . . . this stuff looks like it could cure cancer. All sorts of mysterious wonderful things floating around. Very yummy, very rich.

Norajane718 is offline Member
    Hey, Tonya! Glad you're enjoying your bone broth. I need to make some again very soon. I also have a lot of stomach issues...pain after eating mostly. I have figured out things that bother me the most here and there (and not stuffing myself &#128522, but what has helped me the most is taking hydrochloric acid pills before meals because of low stomach acid. Good luck on your health journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Norajane, tummy troubles seem common on here! Hope you're able to find ways to continue to feel better....chronic pain is hard.

Quick question about the bone broth...I'm assuming I want to leave all the fat? Or is it better to cool and skim?

MuchLove is offline Senior Member
    I freeze my bone broth and during cooling the fat rises to the top. It's a big thick layer of fat and is easily removed once it solidifies in the fridge/freezer. I remove it because it doesn't taste good (and I love the taste of animal fat BTW) and also makes everything really greasy and gross. It's also been cooked for a long time which I don't really like the idea of, no matter how stable saturated fat is compared to unsaturated. You can get plenty of healthy fat from other sources.

Thanks MuchLove . . . I'll do that. Slept in until 8:30 this morning. Waited until I was hungry to eat . . . kind of a new habit. Not sure if this is good? I feel like it helps me all day long to eliminate snacking if I put my meals off until I'm pretty hungry. Anyway, three pieces of bacon and two eggs over easy. Feel like I could conquer the world now . . . which is probably good since I need to convince the kids to help me take down all the Christmas decor.

A New Way of Life

One egg, two pieces of bacon, and a small pear...yummy! Did my "sprints" on the elliptical, workout felt good today. One of those days where you feel strong...
    Gut has been so much better the last two days. Thanks to the bone broth??? Who knows, but it's a relief. Hate the days it's bad, drains me of energy and I feel like I sigh all day long.
    Did measurements this morning. Down an inch on waist, hips, and chest....and almost on thighs. Havnt got back on the scale because I hate the number. Figure I'll go with the positive results of less of me (circumference wise) for now and forget that darn scale.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Any clarification out there on fasting? So, for example, if I eat last at dinner at 6:30 pm and then not until the next day at 10:00am...is this a "fast" and is there a benefit? I'm often not hungry for a while after I get up since starting primal.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast