Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Aegle) page

Aegle is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

So, I suppose I'll start this off with a description of my goals. Over the next 30 days, I'll attempt the following:

* Follow the PB eating guidelines all month, allowing one cheat meal per week (date night!);

* Walk at least 3 hours per week;

* Do at least 2 high-intensity workouts per week;

* Do a sprint workout at least once per week;

* Maintain my sanity to the very best of my ability as I begin taking all the crazy drugs required for my upcoming IVF procedure!

This seems so very basic as I write it out! I definitely want to lose some weight, but hesitate to state any specific weight goals as I just don't know what effect the IVF drugs are going to have in that department. I figure that sticking to the above goals will probably result in some weight loss. Most importantly, if I can accomplish these goals, I'll feel confident that I'm taking really good care of myself during what promises to be a physically/hormonally challenging month!

I apologize if the IVF stuff is TMI for some folks! We've found that being open on the subject feels *much* better than all the secrecy we previously employed.

maba is offline Senior Member

Good luck with the challenge and the IVF, Aegle. I find the members of this forum to be very supportive. I've shared information here that I would never have imagined I would post on the internet.

Thanks, maba, I'm impressed so far with the sense of community around here. =)

Food:

B: nothing, as I was not hungry after a pretty big dinner the night before.

L: big-ass salad (that's the official term, right?) (mixed lettuces, onion, radish, cherry tomato, cuke, avocado, hard-cooked egg, salmon, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, S&P), raspberries

S: soaked & dried cashews

S: a spoonful of almond butter and a square of 80% dark chocolate (Taza Chocolate, it's fabulous!)

D: green beans cooked in homemade bone broth with bacon, two poached eggs

WOD:

55-minute walk around the neighborhood wearing a friend's old nike free's (trying to get my feet used to less shoe so I can be ready for some vibram's!)

Lots of stretching, as SoG's beginner's workout kicked my butt yesterday (thanks, Catalina, for the recommendation!)

I suppose that's all for today. I feel like I'm off to a pretty good start, and am surprised at how few cravings for bread/sugar I seem to be having so far. =)

B- 1 apple with almond butter

L- about half of a BAS. was it a half-assed salad? oh, no! (salad had mixed greens, onions, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, radish, hard-cooked egg, salmon, oil, vinegar); 2 cherries (just wanted a sweet taste in my mouth!)

S-2 slices of bacon, 1 fresh fig.

D- tapas-style! tiny bit of cheese (raw-milk blue), 1 meatball, small pile of swiss chard, sliced avocado, 1 glass of red wine.

S- i'm planning on having a square of 80% chocolate before bed. =)

WOD:

about 1 hour of walking/ bouldering on the rivah. fun!

I think my food intake was kind of weird today, but i felt ok and am proud of my newfound ability to ignore bread & pastries!

Catalina is offline Member

Sounds like you're off to a great start! SoG's workout kicked my butt today, too. . .only got 10 minutes in. It looked so easy just reading it!

Good luck with the challenge and the IVF!

B: 1 apple, almond butter, 1 slice of bacon

L: braised chicken thigh, mashed cauliflower with plenty of butter, zucchini

S: a small pile of fresh figs. yum!

S: (post-workout snack) 1 slice of cold bacon ( I made two for b'fast but only ate one. it was actually pretty good cold!)

D: 2 scrambled eggs, cooked with lard and butter, swiss chard, watermelon.

WOD:

Did SoG's Beginner workout for the second time today. It felt hard, but not brutal. Ha! That's how it felt on Sunday, and then I was super-sore for days!

Catalina, I agree, it looks so easy! I was worried it might be too easy, even for someone who hasn't exercised in ages... Definitely NOT too easy. I'm sure the 10 minutes felt like plenty! I did 20 but got slower... and slower....... and slower. =)