Thread: How to be primal and work? page

McAttack is offline Junior Member

How to be primal and work?

I just started an office job again after being 6 months out of work and I'm feeling so sick that I'm not going back in after the holidays. The lack of movement, the burning bright lights, the bizzare interactions with co-workers had my stress levels so high I started reaching for heavy doeses of alcohol to dampen my nervous system. I'm 27, started drinking to blackout at age 12 along with smoking 20 a day, well I eased into 20 a day. I finally managed to quit both smoking and drinking about 3 months ago. Since I was unemployed, I could lower my stress load and manage life more naturally. I found that baseline of normallity, I had never felt it before and it felt great, I liked myself for the first time. I will not compromise on it and I am looking at ways of maintaining a low stress level and working.

Any suggestions on good primal work? I guess even part time work will do, I don't need much money as I never plan on having kids or owning much property.

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what a question. If I had an answer, I'd quit my job and go do it too. I don't mean to diminish the sincerity of your question. It sounds like you need an outdoors, close-to-nature job. I don't know the jobs available in your region, but I'm hoping you the best of luck finding your spot.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

McAttack is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks John, I think that would be an ideal. Maybe I will look into farm work. I applied for a part time one pushing a cart up and down a train. I figured that there would at least be movement in that one.