Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KC & Keigan - A man and his dog page

Keigan is offline Junior Member

KC & Keigan - A man and his dog

Shop Now
    My name is KC, I'm 51, 6'4" and weighed in at 242 this morning - starting.

Keigan is an Irish Water Spaniel and loves to swim, we live on a major river but there tend to be floods in the winter. We walk each morning and night, I'll start increasing distance and ad some fun in the walk for both of us.

No meds, no drugs, no health issues other than arthritis in the arches of my feet.

My tools:
    - BlendTec
    - Big Green Egg
    - Angel juicer
    - Freezer
    - Scale for myself
    - Scale for foods

In my freezer I have a fair supply of 2oz ice cubes - made from juices, carrot, beet with tops, spinach. I replenish frequently and will add the hours into this journal. The freezer leaves me no excuses as it is filled with good meats, veggies, pecans and some fruits.

My objective:
    - I want to get healthier, not un-healthy now
    - I want to drop 40 pounds by June which is my 52 birthday, so 202 by June
    - My vet says that Keigan needs to drop some weight also, he was 72 pounds last we were at the vet
    - Planning a camping vacation to Banf in June/July

I plan to post daily

Cheers, KC & Keigan
    Last edited by Keigan; 12-22-2014 at 10:06 PM.

KerryH is offline Junior Member
    Hi KC & Keigan. Just a wild guess...are you Irish like me?

MuchLove is offline Senior Member
    Hi, looks like you are very into juicing! What do you do with the frozen cubes?

Quote Originally Posted by MuchLove View Post
    Hi, looks like you are very into juicing! What do you do with the frozen cubes?
    Juicing is great, cleaning the juicer is not so great. So I am following the madness of juicing a case of produce at a time and then freezing the juice in ice cube trays - now I have an easy means to pull out valued nutrients and drop into the blender each morning. Currently I have nine silicon ice cube trays each holding nine ice cubes, which fill one shelf of the freezer, providing me with 81 cubes at 1.5oz each.

This morning, one cube each of carrot, beet and spinach with a handful of pecans and blueberries, plus two raw eggs and water.

KC

What was I thinking - change to any variable can have disastrous results.....

Changed the battery in my scale and moved the scale to a new location, now I weigh 244...

Learn from my mistakes! KC

Interesting day, first time in a long time that I was hungry - interesting observation considering so much existence is habit.

Baked four whole spaghetti squash last night, placed most of that in the fridge. Tonight grilled and cubed chicken, then broccoli and cauliflower - all of which goes into meals for the next few days.

Short walk this morning due to rain.
    Breakfast - Spinach, beet and carrot cube, two eggs and a handful of blueberry into the blender.
    Coffee with half-and-half.
    Four 18oz glasses of water.
    No real lunch but my stomach was growling. Pieces of grilled chicken, greek yogurt, spoons full of squash.
    another four 18oz glasses of water.
    Short walk this evening due to rain.

Laundry.

No grains or breads, no pasta, no wine or whiskey.

Reading the nutritional labels on every container of yogurt in the store.

Stay safe, KC

I had drag Keigan out of the house tonight, pouring rain. He was fine once he was standing in the rain, we walked our normal route and got back inside. The best part of night like this is the pile of towels I keep near the door - Keigan loves being dried off with dads towels.

I'm now hungry, I keep nibbling on protein. Body feels good, my thinking is clearer with my body so hydrated.

itttiramer is offline Junior Member
    What do you do with the frozen cubes?

Quote Originally Posted by itttiramer View Post
    What do you do with the frozen cubes?
    Morning smoothy!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Finally - my scale is getting with the program, 242.2 last night and 241 this morning. Obviously standing on the scale all day long is not going to help weight loss, the trend is what is important. I'm comfortable with the initiation since my body is so hydrated.

Smoked three salmon filets this morning for the neighbor, cooked two pounds of bacon for my snacks - 12 pound prime rib with a layer of rosemary and garlic between the bones and the meat hitting the Big Green Egg in a few hours. About twenty people coming over. Listening to Rascal Flats as I tend the bbq. the salmon skin is so good for Keigan.

This feels good!

No grains, no bread, no wine or whiskey.

Merry Christmas Eve! KC & Keigan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast