Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stiff Legged Deadlifts page

Mainer is offline Senior Member

Stiff Legged Deadlifts

Shop Now
    Used to do these quite a bit, haven't though in years. Anyone incorporate them into your training currently? Pros/Cons?
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Sonoran hotdog is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean Romanian Deadlifts, RDL's? I do single-leg RDL's daily with very low weight dumbells to strengthen my lower back and improve balance.

claire12 is offline Junior Member
    I always incorporate stuff deadlifts into my leg day workouts. One of the best lifts for your Hammies and back in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonoran hotdog View Post
    Do you mean Romanian Deadlifts, RDL's? I do single-leg RDL's daily with very low weight dumbells to strengthen my lower back and improve balance.
    No, SLDL's start from the floor, and RDL's start from the top and don't necessarily go as low to the floor. Otherwise, very similar movements (although SLDL range of motion is typically longer, except if people have huge mobility and stand on a box). RDL's benefit from the stretch reflex while SLDL's don't when performed properly.

SLDL is a fine movement, but probably best used as an assistance exercise for actual deadlifts. Takes out the quadriceps' contribution to getting the bar started off the floor, and will therefore require a significantly lighter weight for most trainees.
    The Champagne of Beards

What RM said was what I was referring to.

The workout I am using is listing them in the next phase, judging by the workout and rep more of an assistant exercise. Regardless, will probably still do them as they were great for keeping me limber in the hammies, was just interested in other's interpretation/opinion.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I do most of my deadlift variety during my warmup time for heavier work. RDL, straight leg, snatch grip...I like them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I do most of my deadlift variety during my warmup time for heavier work. RDL, straight leg, snatch grip...I like them all.
    Good Point!

rongcaieg is offline Junior Member
    yes, Takes out the quadriceps' contribution to getting the bar started off the floor, and will therefore require a significantly lighter weight for most trainees. thanks

bussy37 is offline Junior Member
    I incorporate deficit SLDL on my leg days. I stand on a four inch platform using moderately heavy weights with 6-10 reps per set. This provides a great stretch and increased ROM. I firmly believe this exercise has helped both my standard deadlift as well as my squat.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by bussy37 View Post
    I incorporate deficit SLDL on my leg days. I stand on a four inch platform using moderately heavy weights with 6-10 reps per set. This provides a great stretch and increased ROM. I firmly believe this exercise has helped both my standard deadlift as well as my squat.
    Good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast