Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eggs every day? page

moonablaze is offline Senior Member

eggs every day?

Primal Fuel
    I've realized that on days I eat eggs for breakfast I have no trouble sticking to primal foods, and days I eat yogurt or protein shakes (or skip breakfast for an IF), I don't do nearly so well at resisting the things I shouldn't eat. Problem is I have a tendency to develop allergies and intolerances and I REALLY don't want to become intolerant of eggs. so I'm wondering, what else could eat that would put me on a good track for the day?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Bacon

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The whites are generally the only part that you'd develop a sensitivity. Mark did a post about it a while back and essentially the albumen (white) of the egg is the protective layer for the yolk and harbors all the bad stuff. If you're worried, eat mostly the yolks.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I ate 12 eggs a day everyday for like 3-4 months with no problem except boredom.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I generally eat eggs daily, 3 or more. No egg issues here.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Get some good quality ground sausage. Make a burger sized pattie. Fry it up and melt some cheese on top of it (if you want since you do dairy). Put it between two coconut flour pancakes and have a primal pigs in a blanket breakfast sandwich for breakfast.

cemdev is offline Senior Member
    anything you like. who ever said breakfast had to be a specific sort of meal? in peru for example, they seem to eat the same type of food for all 3 meals - only the quantity really changes. Try some recipe out of the cookbook or something that you haven't tried yet and make that an 'official' breakfast food. Also, if you don't need a big breakfast then a fruit smoothie with added coconut oil (i also put flax oil in mine) - the oil is to get some fats from it - and some trail mix is very tasty. Bacon and eggs however, is one of the really big pluses to being primal. Love it.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I just eat whatever meat I have on hand.....for me, there aren't specific 'breakfast foods'.

Today it was brisket

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i have to agree with rphlslv and diana. i eat at least 3 eggs daily and have never had any trouble. i've been doing this for many years also.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yeah but if the OP has a tendency to develop allergies, variety is probably a good idea. Why tempt fate? An egg allergy would suck bigtime!

Interesting point about the albumin. I'm gonna try using just the yolk as a binder for pancakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast