Thread: Greek yogurt based salad dressing page

PrimalBeast is offline Junior Member

Greek yogurt based salad dressing

Anyone have an opinion on Greek yogurt based salad dressing? Is it a better option than regular salad dressing?
    Sent from my SM-N900P using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Elliot is offline Senior Member
    My problem with most salad dressings is the oil used. I don't see a problem with Greek yogurt.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    if you're making it from scratch? great. buying it? no thanks. unlikely that it is any kind of real yogurt and most likely has junk seed oil in it.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

PrimalBeast is offline Junior Member
    So are there any store bought dressings that taste good and are also quasi primal

Sent from my SM-N900P using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Here's the basic problem I found with condiments. OTOneH, you have large grocery stores which carry large brand names, which basically have about 10cents worth of ingredients (most of them icky and most of the oils are the ones we avoid). OTOH, you have alternative stores like health food stores, Trader Joe's, etc. But they often have a bias toward "vegetarian is good," and still use things like canola/veggie oils.

So, after you sift through all of that, hopefully you'll find a brand that uses olive oil as its base. But then we get to, "Olive oil from where?" Because as we've learned, a lot of imported olive ends up adulterated with other oils by the time it hits the shelf.

I admit it. After spending far too much time (IMO) searching through condiments that have laundry lists of crap ingredients, I gave up. It's just easier to mix up my own stuff. Vinaigrette is easy, and there are plenty of recipes for yogurt and buttermilk based recipes online.

Sorry to say, but for now, there aren't many paleo foods that come in plastic bottles with screw tops.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

MuchLove is online now Senior Member
    Keep vinegar or lemon juice mixed with olive oil and seasonings in a shaker bottle in the fridge.... Salad dressing sorted.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It's just easier to mix up my own stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuchLove View Post
    Keep vinegar or lemon juice mixed with olive oil and seasonings in a shaker bottle in the fridge.... Salad dressing sorted.
    x2
    Try mustard, dried herbs, shallot etc. Avocado dressing is easy too.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list