Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: macademia nut oil page

Gator is offline Senior Member

macademia nut oil

I never see any mention of macademia nut oil in the posts. Too tasty for me, but then I am an oil freak. Olive, coconut, almond, walnut, sesame, and of course the one of this thread---Macademia.

Any reason that no one seems to like it?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Never seen it in stores around here. That and I personally don't care for macadamias. Pecan oil, on the other hand, is what I need to buy. Pecan oil chocolate mascarpone ice cream... drool...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gator is offline Senior Member
    Pecan oil, sounds good. I never saw that and I am in the middle--depends on whose map you're using--of pecan country. Where did you find it?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Online. I'm in pecan country, too, but haven't found a local supplier in stores yet.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Katt is offline Senior Member
    I found pecan oil in my local supermarket (Publix, Florida). Never seen macadamia nut oil though.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    The only place I've ever seen macadamia nut oil is in Hawaii. Walnut oil is about as exotic as we get in Canadian supermarkets, although health food stores might have some for a million dollars a bottle. Anyway, it's all right. The flavour is a bit strong, so I prefer coconut oil for things like cooking eggs.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    they sell it here (MS) but it is FRIKIN expensive...i got a small bottle like 8 oz and it was 20$....used it for mayo....works well but it is a very heavy mayo aka use to much you go poo poo lol

Valarauko is offline Senior Member
    Finally found some in Japan at an import store called "Ikari"

The brand I found is "Olivado" from Oz and they also make great avocado oil which I have. It was expensive at about 1800yen ($21US) but good food and health is very important to me so it was well worth the price. Heck many people in the middle/upper income bracket wouldn't blink at dropping the same money on a bottle of wine....so

The oil is delicious, you could drink it! and with high smoke point its a good fryer and vegetables sautéed in it are just heavenly.

My new favorite oil.

strom is offline Senior Member
    I don't think any nut oil is going to have good omega 3 to 6 ratios.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Macadamia would be the exception, as its fats are mostly monounsaturates and saturates - well, that is, the ratio of 6 to 3 isn't great but also isn't too relevant as the quantities are so small. If I ever see any, I'll be sorely tempted. The nuts are addictive.
    Last edited by Hilary; 12-19-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: trying not to talk more nonsense than usual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast