Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to Fish? page

salc is offline Member

Alternatives to Fish?

Shop Now
    Hello everyone!

I really don't like fish that much. Are there any alternatives to fish that I can eat, and get similar health benefits?

Nightly Orange is offline Senior Member
    Sure. Eat cows.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    For the o3? Here are some suggestions, though the links aren't paleo, so they include some things you might not choose:

omega-3 fatty acids

Foods highest in Total Omega-3 fatty acids
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    ...you either eat fish or we kick you out of the club. Unfortunately the rules are that strict...hebs

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...you either eat fish or we kick you out of the club. Unfortunately the rules are that strict...hebs
    And here I was thinking, "Yay, more fish for me!"
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by salc View Post
    Hello everyone!

I really don't like fish that much. Are there any alternatives to fish that I can eat, and get similar health benefits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightly Orange View Post
    Sure. Eat cows.
    a cow is hardly the nutritional equivalent of a fish, lol.

eat a variety of good quality ruminants and keep going til you find fish or shellfish that you like. it's like saying "i don't like fruit," when there are literally hundreds of varieties -- not just apples and bananas.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Fish are nice because they come from a wild food chain (nibbling hundreds of species instead of 2-3). Without them I'd look into more foraged plants or semi-game meats (pheasant, rabbit, etc)
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

ekba09 is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried all the fish? How about fresh trout caught from a cool stream, sauteed in an iron skillet over a campfire with plenty of butter for breakfast? Or atlantic scallops on the Connecticut or Jersey shore seared in bacon fat with a nice chardonnay? Or striped bass just out of the surf grilled with a crab and Hollandaise garnish? Or oysters, briny and cold with a dry, mineral French chablis? Or a pile of steamed crabs on some backwater creek on a hot, humid August day with pitchers of really cold cheap beer?

Lots of fish to try before you don't like fish.

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    There are no ideal alternatives to fish. Can you be more specific what it is about fish you dislike? Taste? Texture? Digestive? Someone probably can address the specific dislike.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightly Orange View Post
    Sure. Eat cows.
    Agree, also Lamb!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast