Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling good again (PrimalLiz) page

PrimalLiz is offline Junior Member

Feeling good again (PrimalLiz)

Hello to whoever may read this journal!

Today is the day that I decided enough is enough and I need to fully embrace a primal lifestyle and do it properly by joining the forum and journalling my progress.

I am now 50, and have been unwell for decades. Started off with ME when I was 19, high blood pressure at 29, fibromyalgia which has resulted in me having to give up work, high cholesterol and on statins, now diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My mum suffered a severe stroke a couple of years ago which has left her disabled and I fear that the same could happen to me if I don't sort out my eating and exercise regime.

I have sent off for the 21 day programme book which I should receive shortly. Enjoying reading the success stories on the site too.

It is now late here, so off to bed.

Back soon.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    PrimalLiz, WELCOME. I wish you every success in your primal journey. I admire your decision and cheer you on, here's to better health in your future.

MuchLove is online now Senior Member
    Hope you slept well and good luck!

Many thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't tend to sleep well, I take a tablet to supposedly help me sleep which sort of works but it gives me strange dreams that wake me up. I am hoping that once I get my primal lifestyle sorted out that i can start reducing and removing a lot of my medication (6 different types).

I am not expecting a grocery shop until this Friday so food is a little thin on the ground at the moment that I can eat. I do have one egg so will have that for breakfast. Hubby bless him went shopping for me yesterday and brought home chicken and leek pie and fish/shepherds pies. So I will eat but remove the pastry and potato! He did bring home lots of veg too so this is good.

Salad and cold meat for lunch.

One thing I am hoping for is that my sugar cravings will soon dissipate, the last few months I have been on a roller coaster with my sugar cravings.

Must get going, wish to put up the xmas tree today if we can find it in the shed!

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLiz View Post

One thing I am hoping for is that my sugar cravings will soon dissipate, the last few months I have been on a roller coaster with my sugar cravings.
    Best of luck on your new journey. Visit here often and you'll find a lot of help.

It was good to bypass the pastries. Here, in the beginning, keep your protein intake a little higher while you avoid the sugars and the grain products. Your cravings will diminish rapidly. When I started this in the spring this year, I forced myself to consume 50 grams of protein and no carbs for breakfast. If I remained hungry, which wasn't often, I added fats. It wasn't easy but I sure had no desire for sugar during the course of the day.

Thanks John for the advice. I am ok with eating protein as I remember that porridge never used to fill me up unlike bacon and egg. I am slowly accepting that it is ok to have fat, it has been so drummed into us about low fat especially with hbp, high cholesterol and now diabetes 2. I know that I feel better in myself when I have more fat in my diet. What type of fat do you eat?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Liz. I eat butter and whatever fat comes with the meat, eggs, nuts, cheese and raw milk that I am consuming. Keep a pottle of coconut oil and/or beef dripping to cook roast veges etc. Sometimes a little olive oil for salads or dressings.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLiz View Post
    What type of fat do you eat?
    If I'm having seafood or a salad, I consume olive oil. Otherwise, coconut oil, butter, cream and lard are my fats of choice. It is hard to unlearn the fat lies we were told. Good luck. Stay in touch.

Thanks Annie and John. I made some fat bombs using coconut oil yesterday and they are sitting in the freezer. They are rich though so cut them in half. Was surprised as hubby liked them too.

It is funny but I put lard on my shopping list to arrive this friday. Since leaving home I have never bought lard, just low fat spreads and sunflower oil! The thing is, it is coming back to me that mum always used lard, plus we went to school on bacon and eggs. Mum is now in her 80's and it seems they had the right idea pre 1980's.

Do you sometimes find it difficult to eat so much meat? I think I will need to get some fish in for some variety.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, I do find it difficult to eat so much more meat, both appetite-wise and financially. I break up the appetite fatigue with lots of fish and the financial burden is lightened by eating liver, more eggs and cheaper cuts of meat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast