Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal calm curiosity page

freedom.please is offline Senior Member

Primal calm curiosity

Hi everyone,
    Yesterday Mark mentioned "primal calm" in his article. I was hoping to get some feed back from those who have tried it or if you know more about it. I couldn't find as in depth of a description as I was looking for.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i just read this from mark too and was wondering if anybody had tried any of the individual components either? although i have improved over the last couple years (from switching jobs) i still have too much anxiety, with too many triggers, and i don't always process it well.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I am not super familiar with all of the components, but a few fall within the category of "adaptogens" which I've read about being recommended for stress and anxiety in particular. I don't have sources because this is just me going "Oh I've definitely read about these before". A previously banned user on the forum used to extol the virtues of adaptogens and I started to use some with good results. Most adaptogens are recommended for general brain function improvement (relief from anxiety, depression, brain fog etc). I think some are even recommended for exercise. As far as I know, it's not possible to take too much of them.

My own experiences with adaptogens have been with
    Ashwagandha - never noticed much from this, but lots of people recommend it for anxiety/focus. I may try it again sometime
    Eleuthero root - taken twice a day, I definitely noticed an improvement in my daily anxiety
    Various ginseng roots (American, Red, Chinese, Panax) - definitely helps my anxiety, worked best for me when taken with Eleuthero root at breakfast and lunch; I usually look for a "Ginseng Complex" supplement

These aren't the kinds of things that you can take for a while and then taper off, they do have to be taken continuously as far as I understand.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

John Caton is online now Senior Member
    I can confirm the effectiveness of the rhodiola.

saraholistichealing is online now Junior Member
    I also saw that and was interested, but looks to be about $60 on Amazon. anybody seen it for less?

Quote Originally Posted by saraholistichealing View Post
    I also saw that and was interested, but looks to be about $60 on Amazon. anybody seen it for less?
    yipes, spending that much on a supp would make me too anxious, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Meditation. 10-20 minutes per day of just sitting and concentrating on one's breathing. I love it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

i have been meditating too. it helps. it's not enough. for me.

there have been studies that show that kids who undergo a lot of stress and uncertainty have trouble processing and adapting as adults. it seems true for me and i have spent too long trying to self-medicate and feeling ill health effects from being a ball of stress. i am much better than in the past, but i really want to work on the wiring or the hormones or whatever the hell will make me calmer on a more regular basis.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 12-09-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Ernest Hemingway

saraholistichealing is online now Junior Member
    I seem to have gone into flight or fight mode a few months ago during an intensely busy time in my life, and even now that things have calmed down, my inner ball of anxiety hasn't. It's like I got on the wrong train neurochemically and now I can't get off. I've tried a lot of supplements to try to bring me back to neutral, to little or no avail. GABA and l-tryptophan, and kava kava. Recently I read that GABA may not be able to cross the blood brain barrier after all. Kava makes me hallucinate at night, which is also anxiety producing! Lol. And I didn't really see a huge effect with the tryptophan! But yeah. Maybe I'll give mark's stuff a try and report back :-)

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have anxiety regularly as well. I haven't tried many supplements for it (though I would), but the biggest difference for me has been getting regular acupuncture treatment from a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast