Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new year's resolution? page

gergirl is online now Senior Member

Thumbs up new year's resolution?

Are you one of those guys having a new year's resolution?
    Any purposes or objects of desire or any goal setting any habits to stick to?
    If I had to name some, it would be
    ● I should have one day off from workout per week, without getting nervous (see other thread) and stick to my programme (see 3. point)
    ● new kb, 16kg
    ● master the 90 day challenge by M. Lauren ( new book came out here today)plus doing 100 swings with new kb
    ● keep on cycling calories and do one IF per week

miata is offline Senior Member
    My big goal is to reach 210 pounds -- I'm 200 now and was 180 six months back. 210 takes my BMI from "overweight" to "obese." In reality I'll probably have to get to 220 and then drop 10 pounds of fat.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Not a New Year's resolution I suppose but after I'm home for Christmas, I will be ramping up my training to prepare for a Spartan Sprint that I'm doing with some of my kids in May of 2015. The upper body strength obstacles are going to be my biggest challenge and if I don't complete one, I have to do 30 burpees and I hate burpees. To be fair, the likely don't like me either.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I do not make new year's resolutions. I have learned about myself over the years that if I am going to make any sort of change in my life, there just magically appears a day when I do it. So I wait for that day.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

DannyP is offline Senior Member
    -Squat 225 for reps with great-to-perfect form
    -Learn to deadlift properly
    -Learn to power clean

At least those are my fitness goals.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    -Squat 225 for reps with great-to-perfect form
    -Learn to deadlift properly
    -Learn to power clean

At least those are my fitness goals.
    For 2015? 225 for reps? How about 375?
    The Champagne of Beards

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    For 2015? 225 for reps? How about 375?
    I was talking about what I want to do the first week of the new year on that one .

C'mon, what do you take me for?! - heck, I could do more than that with shit form now, this is just a question of how quickly I can build back up doing it right.

But yea, your proposed goal of 375 sounds like a great 2015 goal to strive for!

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    But yea, your proposed goal of 375 sounds like a great 2015 goal to strive for!
    To achieve. To achieve. Forget strive for. Get the language of failure out of your head. 375 sounds like a great plan to accomplish in 2015. Sounds so much better.
    The Champagne of Beards

So true.

Do or do not. There is no try.

-Yoda

Jacksson is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I always enjoy using the start of the new year to re-focus, evaluate goals/progress, and set new goals if necessary. We should all do that as needed but the New Year is a great time to reset.

My main goal for 2015 or maybe my approach is to simplify. I have a tendency to create complicated plans. Sometimes overwhelmingly so and I end up not doing it at all. So my mission in 2015 is to simplify my approach to business, leisure, and life in general. I was reading a book by Gary Keller of Keller Williams Realty called The One Thing. The basic premis is what is the one thing you can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary? It boils down to dismissing distractions and doing the one thing that stands between you and your goal.

Quite simply from a fitness standpoint for me it is to continue to recover from shoulder surgery by doing my prescribed rehab work. Once I am able, work on a strength plan that is going to work for me and do it twice a week and get some slow moving in. Anything more complicated than that is setting myself up for failure and once I start to fail it snowballs. I work a lot of hours and my free time is typically spent with my family so I cant promise myself I will be in the gym 4 days a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast