Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifting Gloves- for ladies page

Steady is offline Senior Member

Lifting Gloves- for ladies

Hey.

So my wife has started moving some proper weight now and is complaining her hands are becoming "skanky". Basically she's getting hard skin.

Do any of you ladies wear gloves to lift? Does it help with the hard skin issue? If so, what's a decent glove?

Advice from the fellas is welcome too.

Cheers

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Used to wear them back in the day but now prefer the toughening of the hands but that's just a personal opinion. I like to stay as minimal as possible and thus more adaptive, helps with choirs around the homestead. Downside is wifey sometimes complains my hands are too rough.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Hey.

So my wife has started moving some proper weight now and is complaining her hands are becoming "skanky". Basically she's getting hard skin.

Do any of you ladies wear gloves to lift? Does it help with the hard skin issue? If so, what's a decent glove?

Advice from the fellas is welcome too.

Cheers
    Just understand that it makes it harder to hold the bar, by increasing the effective diameter of the bar.
    The Champagne of Beards

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    I don't wear gloves. I like the calluses... Reminds me of my childhood when I used to play on the monkey bars 24/7 and my violin teacher would yell at me.

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member

Lifting Gloves- for ladies

What RM said. A deadlift slipped out of my hands just before lockout because of them. No one was hurt but I didn't want that again. After that, I transitioned away from them. Now I rock my calluses with pride! Badges of honor!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Broodwich is offline Member
    I doubt I have been lifting as long as your wife but I use vitamin E oil before I go to bed. I just put it on where I feel the hands getting a little rough and it keeps em reasonably smooth.

Sorry I know this doesn't answer the question about gloves but it may be something she'd be interested in trying. That E oil is like magic.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Dremel tool. It actually is far less extreme than it sounds.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Lifting gloves remind me of this video

[youtube]rrhc5-Fxo0g[/youtube]

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

JennyHaniver is offline Member
    Every time I see that video I think of the middle-aged guy at my gym who wanders around in gloves and a lifting belt occasionally doing a few half-hearted curls with the ez-curl bar. I want to drop a plate on him and see if it jars some shame into him.

Phelps is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't care what anyone says, I like wearing gloves in the gym. I use baseball batting gloves. I still have callouses, but they never rip. A little bit of padding helps with hook grip too.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast