Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Kinger138) page

Kinger138 is offline Member

Primal Journal (Kinger138)

Hi everyone. This is my first post, second day at attempting primal...again. I've done it before, but fell off the wagon. I'm trying to re-dedicacte myself to the lifestyle because I saw a lot of improvement the last time around. However, my general anxiety disorder, depression, and a few health problems knocked me down emotionally and physically...so here I go again.

A bit of background on me: I'm 33 years old, live in Pittsburgh, PA, am a full-time employee for the state, and was (until recently) a part time Graduate Student in the field of Game Design. I'm putting that on pause for now, though. The stress of a full-time job, mixed with school, and my poor health was too much. My hope is that focusing on my health for a while will get me back on track and provide me with the energy and improved mood/stress management skills to finish school and get down to business in my field of study.

So that's the basics for now. I'll probably write more later. Not sure if I'm going to log meals, or summarize. I'm not a huge fan of weighing and counting calories, though if I find I'm struggling I may do it for a little while. Wish me luck. I know MDA is a great place for support and insight.

-Kinger

MuchLove is online now Senior Member
    Good luck!

For me regular healthy meals, plenty of sleep and daily (but not excessive) exercise really helps my depression. Routine is very helpful too.

Thanks much. I'm definitely trying to build a routine. Need some better coping skills when things get me down, too. Anything has to be better than "wah...think I'll just say eff it and eat half the Domino's menu while drinking and watching tv." Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -Jim

Book: "Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?"
    Simon: "No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist."

Ugh...ok...did not do well this weekend. The allure of pizza and beer were too much. Try again tomorrow. I'll have to try and remember how gross I feel the next time that stuff starts to look tempting.

-Jim

Book: "Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?"
    Simon: "No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist."

yogamama77 is offline Senior Member
    I also have depression issues. You can check out my journal to see how I've coped (especially look for nuts and unsweetened chocolate recipe... Mmmm). You can do it. I know that, because if I can do it, you can do it.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Pizza has a siren call for me too. I know you can get back on the primal path. Good luck.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thanks for the support guys. I'm going to make something healthy to start the day. Maybe some cage free eggs with a couple slices of bacon and a pile of spinach. I promise to keep trying. Gotta fix my health.

-Jim

thewingedshadow is offline Junior Member
    Try making your own pizza. I do that sometimes. Works wonders.
    My recipe looks something like that (I can't write proper recipes to save my life since I never measure anything when cooking, I just go with what my gut tells me):
    2 medium sized potatoes, 1 banana (as green as possible - plantain can also be used, it's just hard to come by in my country), 2 eggs, put into a blender until smooth.
    Add around 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, a pinch of salt, stir well, pour onto a baking sheet (I usually line it with baking paper first), bake for around 10-15 minutes on around 370 F, check frequently. Put out of the oven when firm. Put your toppings of choice on it, bake for another 10 minutes. Done.

Another favourite pizza crust of mine is Breakfast Pizzas - Hold the Grain

That pizza sounds pretty good. I think I need to cold turkey my way back into Primal and purge my pantry, though. At least until I'm used to it again. Making Primal versions of some stuff may weaken my resolve and increase my desire for the real McCoy. I'm going to clean house this evening. And I have some goodies coming from Thrive Market that should help, too.

-Jim

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A random question to anyone reading this: I suffer from reflux...fairly constant, medicated daily for it. I was just curious if anyone has gotten rid of it by adopting the Primal lifestyle...and if so, how long until it started to improve? I've read a smattering of articles about folks ridding themselves of it, and I too would like to spare my esophagus any further suffering.

-Jim

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast