Thread: How much butter do you eat?? page

Avarim is offline Member

How much butter do you eat??

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone, I was wondering how much butter (or ghee) you guys eat...I eat about 2 oz (50 grs aprox) daily... Is it too much?, could you over do it?....I could literally eat it just like a chocolate bar!

I ve have been always skinny with some muscle definition, Im 56" male, 117 lbs (7 % BF), been primal for about a month...I really need the calories in the form of fat..So, would it be ok just to eat butter like theres no tomorrow? (Coconut oil doesnt agree with me).

How much do you eat?
    Last edited by Avarim; 07-10-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    About the same.

shadowfoot is offline Junior Member
    I eat tons of butter, it's the most available healthy fat to me. I usually eat a couple tablespoons a day in eggs and stir-frys and stuff, but occasionally just slice a chunk off out of the fridge and eat it plain. Sooo delicious! Before primal it tasted way too rich to do that, but my taste buds have changed. I had a small piece of baguette the other day (per social requirement) and it tasted so bland. I used to love those things. Anyway, I got off topic. According to my fitday log I recently had 6.5 tablespoons in one day. I think that as long as there is no adverse reaction, go to town.

Harry Guest
    Coming from a conventional "healthy diet", I hadn't eaten any butter for years. For a few days this week, I was very hungry for it. So I ate a lot. Now it's just a delicious food I can eat again. My body seems to know what it needs. It wasn't fat I wanted. Not sure what.
    Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2010 at 09:30 PM.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    loads. Maybe several tablespoons, I'm not tracking at the moment. I've always used it generously on toast and sandwiches, and sometimes for cooking (probably one of the things that saved me from too much damage, I think) but now I like it more and more - a chunk on my plate as a condiment - I like the cool salty butter along with the food rather than melted. Not quite eating it on its own (yet!)

Didn't I read about someone like Mary Enig eating a 'stick' a day? (what's a stick - 250 g?)

Oh and this week visiting relatives comments were "hmm, you aren't getting any fatter, are you?" and "wow your skin looks fantastic!" - so I don't think it's doing any harm!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    2 tbsp- 1 stick per day.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Avarim is offline Member
    THANKS!... I like my food to shimmer under butter goodness.
    Guess my fridge will continue to look like a mini wall of china made in butter bricks

BTW, with all my respect.. I think Mary Enig looks quite worn out....Hope is not the butter!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    1-4 tbsp

slacker is offline Senior Member
    I have a hard time keeping up with y'all on this one. I have an easier time with cream cheese and sour cream.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarim View Post
    THANKS!... I like my food to shimmer under butter goodness.
    Guess my fridge will continue to look like a mini wall of china made in butter bricks

BTW, with all my respect.. I think Mary Enig looks quite worn out....Hope is not the butter!
    well she IS almost 70 years old, which is a fair age really. The stars we see looking like 30 year olds, like Cher et al, are doing so with some serious plastic surgery, though I do know some 70-odd year olds who look younger and healthier. I guess while her diet is probably excellent, we can't fix EVERYTHING. She could have health issues, who knows?