Thread: Root canal or bridge? page

Malibu is offline Junior Member

Root canal or bridge?

I just wondering if my reluctance to have a root canal was based on good science? Mercola among others seem to think leaving a dead tooth in your head could lead to many systemic issues. Made since to me, but of course my dentist gave me the conspiracy theory look. Spend the extra money and have the tooth yanked (bridge)?

Thanks,

Malibu

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, just have the tooth yanked. If you don't get a crown, it will break and if you do get a crown, it will eventually break. I'd do the extraction and get an implant. I have had 2 root canals and lost both teeth anyway. It was a waste of a lot of money....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Or ask for a guarantee on the root canal and crown.....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

snoops is offline Senior Member
    I've had 4 or 5 root canals with zero problems. Touch Wood! Over 20 years. I don't understand why people who say bacteria etc in canal say implants are better. Won't there be the same possibility of infection remaining in them??

I have gone with the root canals knowing that I will need a strong immune system should that occur. Hence my paleo diet.

Malibu is offline Junior Member
    Magnolia,

Thanks for the response. The tooth has been crowned and money was wasted. Out it comes.

Malibu

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think preserving your teeth is better than pulling them, unless absolutely necessary. Crowns and root canals work most of the time. Sometimes they don't, like everything else. My philosophy is if you can save your tooth, do it. Plus, you never know what advances might be made in the medical field. Maybe if your tooth lasts another decade or two, there will be a much better alternative to pulling/implants by then.

I got a bad tooth when I was a kid (like 13-14 years old) and had to get a root canal and crown. 16 years later I still have that tooth. YMMV.