Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for all you intermittent fasters.... page

Question for all you intermittent fasters....

So I started following a 16 hour overnight fast. Am I to do this everyday? My typical day does like: noon eat, dinner (5 or 6) eat then no food until noon next day. I have noticed that by about 10am I'm really looking forward to noon to roll around. I'm not starving , but indeed looking forward to food. Mental Clarity is good like I expected, I also believe the if has put me back on a weight lost trend which is welcome.

So 2 questions really, as above, is this typically something you do daily as part of your normal routine? Also, I noticed that I am starving in the afternoon and as such, each of my meals are much larger than a recommended serving size. Is this ok?

Thanks
    J

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

gergirl is offline Senior Member
    Hi,
    I do the IF one or two times per week. I have my last meal around 3pm and then I workout in the evening, just drinking water or tea afterwards. Breakfast will be around 9 or 10 next morning. It is easier this way because I do not want to skip breakfast. Workout surpresses appetite until I go to bed, so it is kot that hard to not eat that evening. I rather implement it into my calorue cycling.
    I do not want to do it more often because it results in binging after a few days and lack of energie and I would have to think of food more often

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    IF 16-18 hours is my normal for the past 9 months or so. Eventually the craving to eat faded for me and I could easily skip to only 1 meal, but I would have to have a compelling reason to do so. Meals tend to be bigger, which is fine, but overall you eat less as I doubt you are eating 3 meals worth in 2 sittings. I usually snack with a green apple in-between meals, more out of habit as I am not all that hungry.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Before lunch I eat maybe 150 calories from gelatin, milk powder, coffee and broth. My lunch 2 pm consist of raw vegetables, fresh cheese or a sardine soup, Jello and fruit, some 5-600 calories. Then at 6 PM I eat my main meal for the day, plenty of meat, starchy vegetables and other stuff that comes in my way etc., and I keep on eating until 9 PM, around 3800 kcal, so I eat roughly 4500 calories per day and 85 % of it between 6 and 9 pm.

Yeah, I do it daily, but the Jello part of it is since a year more and less...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    In intermittent fast, skip any meal(s) except breakfast. Breakfast is critical to circadian rhythm.

Ghâshűl is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast = first meal. You cannot skip breakfast unless you fast the entire day.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâshűl View Post
    Breakfast = first meal. You cannot skip breakfast unless you fast the entire day.
    Right, a couple of hours after Noon is the perfect time for breakfast for me...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

sharperhawk is offline Senior Member
    IF is big right now, but the paleosphere is not unanimous that doing it everyday is a good thing. For example:

Intermittent fasting, cortisol and blood sugar
    The Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

Everyone agrees that IF is a stressor. People who have sources of significant stress probably shouldn't be adding another one voluntarily. Maybe those who have had positive results with daily IF have low overall stress.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharperhawk View Post
    IF is big right now, but the paleosphere is not unanimous that doing it everyday is a good thing. For example:

Intermittent fasting, cortisol and blood sugar
    The Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

Everyone agrees that IF is a stressor. People who have sources of significant stress probably shouldn't be adding another one voluntarily. Maybe those who have had positive results with daily IF have low overall stress.
    I completely agree with this. IF works great for a lot of people, but it isn't for everyone. I've tried it myself, and though I do enjoy the mental clarity, I have found that it is too much of a stressor for me. I've gauged this by using the Sweet Beat app to measure my HRV for weeks where I IF vs. weeks I don't. For myself, my HRV drops when I IF consistently.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just moving out of bed is a stressor in the early morning, walking to the kitchen to get a coffee; another stressor! Life's full of stressors, deal with it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast