Thread: New Year's Resolution page

Saffron Auttenberg is offline Junior Member

New Year's Resolution

It is almost the new year again and just like every year, I come up with a list of things to do every day to be more healthy. Here are my top 3 this year, what are yours?

1. Walk part of the way to work instead of taking the bus for the last 3 blocks of my trip
    2. Put a glass of water on my bedside that I will drink first thing when I wake up
    3. Take the stairs! I work on the 3rd floor

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Never stuck with a NYR so I don't bother. If it is important enough to do, I'll get at it whenever I realize it is time to do so. I guess you could call that my NYR.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffron Auttenberg View Post
    It is almost the new year again and just like every year, I come up with a list of things to do every day to be more healthy. Here are my top 3 this year, what are yours?

1. Walk part of the way to work instead of taking the bus for the last 3 blocks of my trip
    2. Put a glass of water on my bedside that I will drink first thing when I wake up
    3. Take the stairs! I work on the 3rd floor
    Why wait the new year for this ?? Everyday is a new day, you know that I'm sure

MuchLove is online now Senior Member
    ^^^^

Yes, and better than starting tomorrow is starting today!

I know some people like to wait until after Christmas and after new years, but the fact is that there will always be events like that. Whatever changes you make to your lifestyle need to be compatible with enjoying such occasions without making yourself unhappy or unhealthy.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I set myself goals or focuses for the year. I can't even remember what this year's was, but I already feel like I did a good job since I started working out. Next year, it'll probably just be to keep that up.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

HeavensGreens is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. From my experience change doesn't happen overnight and I feel that's the reason so many people fail with their 'resolutions'.

It's best done slowly... adding in a few small habits to your life at a time.