Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Law #7: How did you Play today? page

CaptCaveMan is offline Member

Law #7: How did you Play today?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Law #7: Play. Balance the stress of modern day life with some unstructured, physical fun! (Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint)

I think it would be fun for us to post what we all have been doing and will be doing for fun. I figure there are threads for "What is your workout today?" and "What did you eat for DINNER tonight?"

So, why not Play!?

I'm on my way to Play now, so I'll post when I get back!

Grok On!

-CaptCaveMan

Puddymama is offline Senior Member
    Took my baby to the pool this morning. Obviously, no one gets any actual swimming done around a 17 month old, but a whole lot of frolicking occurs!

Also babies in swimsuits are freaking adorable!

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    I played in the pool. It's already 100 degrees in sunny Las Vegas, so I headed to the commuity pool. I did some basic splashing around and floating, and then decided to throw in a bit of exercise. I ran laps in the pool. In the deeper end, I landed on the balls of my feet and lifted my legs higher. On the shallow end, I put my whole foot down. I could really feel my leg muscles working in a different way.

My neighbors probably thought I was looney, as they saw me running in the pool and smiling all the way. It was fun for me.
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Also in the Mojave Desert, but fortunate to have a pool in the backyard. Last night we played marco polo for about an hour. Today, I have battled the kid on Wii resort. I'm a better archer and swordfighter, but got clobbered bike racing and flying a dumb plane around the island.

I've also started a game of chess online with an old friend. This could take a month.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    "Mountain" biked for an hour. That's in quotes cuz here in coastal Florida the closest that word comes is sprinting up the parking garage ramps. A long way from Colorado now; but I think Ms. Trek has forgiven me for dipping the wheels into the Gulf of Mexico.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Here in pensacola we dip our bike chains in the Gulf to lubricate them. Much cheaper than going to the store.

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    I took the dogs out with a friend to do some retriever training drills. I've been thinking lately that if I made myself exercise like I make them exercise, I'd be an athlete, too.... hmmmmm.

But I might feel a little ridiculous running around with a retrieving dummy in my mouth.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    No play here. Have been driving since 4:45am to get from Atl to Louisville and back. Stuck in bad traffic right now in Chattanooga. 2h from home. Have made great time otherwise.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    5 hours of horse training. 95 degrees in the shade. And I wasn't in the shade.

Wait...did you say PLAY? Ummm...
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    5 hours of horse training. 95 degrees in the shade. And I wasn't in the shade.

Wait...did you say PLAY? Ummm...
    I feel the same way about dog training. It's play, but sometimes it just doesn't make any sense! Luckily it's cooled off here.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast