Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Skippy Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter... the nectar of the gods! Whaaaaat??? page

  1. #1
    Primalkatt's Avatar
    Primalkatt is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    97

    Skippy Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter... the nectar of the gods! Whaaaaat???

    So, I must admit that I LOVE, I'm errrrrr, I used to be a slave to peanut butter but for the last two years I've taken a teaspoon and stuck into my jar of PB2 (dry and powdery) and put it in my mouth. Maybe one tsp a day if that.

    That said.... I'm ready to find a primal/paleo skippy peanut butter and add it to my pantry! Is there one out there? Without trying a host of different brands and short of making my own, what's your favorite Ooey gooey peanut buttery (you're a slave to) goodness?

    ~ Primal ♥ ~

  2. #2
    Drock's Avatar
    Drock is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    164
    Primal peanut butter? By definition it doesn't exist. There are different types of nut butters (cashew butter, almond butter, etc.) out there, but I wouldn't recommend eating them because they are so calorie-dense and easy to overeat, and because of the Omega-6 overload. Best wishes to you.

  3. #3
    sharperhawk's Avatar
    sharperhawk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    299
    Peanuts and peanut butter are out of bounds. Sorry.

    I haven't tried nut butters (like almond), but many like them. Raw honey and dark chocolate (at least 75% cacao) are a couple of other primal sweet treats.

  4. #4
    eats.meats.west's Avatar
    eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    945
    Completely and totally lost my taste for PB since going Paleo. I'd much prefer Zinke Almond Butter anyway. I rarely eat any nut butter because it is easier to portion control with individual nuts.

  5. #5
    picklepete's Avatar
    picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Drock View Post
    Primal peanut butter? By definition it doesn't exist. There are different types of nut butters (cashew butter, almond butter, etc.) out there, but I wouldn't recommend eating them because they are so calorie-dense and easy to overeat, and because of the Omega-6 overload. Best wishes to you.
    Have to agree--peanuts contain dubious soy-like peptides linked to inflammation & heart disease (not definitive but enough to give me pause)

    IMO the #1 trait of any healthful food is self-regulation so anything that evokes "slave" language will likely backfire
    35//6'3"/180

    My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

  6. #6
    Mr. Anthony's Avatar
    Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,867
    I used to eat more peanut butter than anyone else I knew. Loved it. And now I haven't had any in probably...2 years? Replace it with other delicious food and it's no big deal.

  7. #7
    Primalkatt's Avatar
    Primalkatt is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    Have to agree--peanuts contain dubious soy-like peptides linked to inflammation & heart disease (not definitive but enough to give me pause)

    IMO the #1 trait of any healthful food is self-regulation so anything that evokes "slave" language will likely backfire
    Oh my so "serious"! The word "slave" was a joke... as in haha, ya know?

    Drock, thanks so much for the inf. that makes me sad but I'm here for the duration. And in terms of overeating, I've got that down pretty tight. I've been solid on an eating plan for two years and nothing could shake me, not even peanut butter!

    Curious... should I not joke on this forum? JK...

    ~ Primal ♥ ~

  8. #8
    Primalkatt's Avatar
    Primalkatt is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I used to eat more peanut butter than anyone else I knew. Loved it. And now I haven't had any in probably...2 years? Replace it with other delicious food and it's no big deal.
    Yep I guess that's going to have to be the plan!

    Thanks all!

    ~ Primal ♥ ~

  9. #9
    gdot's Avatar
    gdot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalkatt View Post
    Yep I guess that's going to have to be the plan!

    Thanks all!

    ~ Primal ♥ ~
    No nut butters. Eat raw whole tree nuts. Rotate through them for variety.

    I currently have a bag of organic brazil nuts and another of walnuts. When those are done I will order hazlenuts and pecans.

    Some here say no nuts at all because of their polyunsaturated fat content. I can't wrap my head around this idea as tree nuts are an abundant source of calories in many temperate environments. So we surely evolved eating them.

    By the way - I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER - could easily eat it every day. But I don't.
    What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

  10. #10
    Primalkatt's Avatar
    Primalkatt is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    97
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gdot View Post
    No nut butters. Eat raw whole tree nuts. Rotate through them for variety.

    I currently have a bag of organic brazil nuts and another of walnuts. When those are done I will order hazlenuts and pecans.

    Some here say no nuts at all because of their polyunsaturated fat content. I can't wrap my head around this idea as tree nuts are an abundant source of calories in many temperate environments. So we surely evolved eating them.

    By the way - I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER - could easily eat it every day. But I don't.
    Ohhhhh! I was going to get almond and cashew butter! *pouts and snivels like a cranky poopy baby*

    Well this is a journey indeed and I'm signed on for the duration like I said. I haven't had peanut butter in 2 years so what's another 50!

    Swapping out foods is my motto, I have to find something that fills the void.

    And yeah, skippy crazy crunchy Ooey gooey peanut butter goodness rocks in my book!

    ~ Primal ♥ ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •