Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skippy Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter... the nectar of the gods! Whaaaaat??? page

Primalkatt is offline Member

Skippy Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter... the nectar of the gods! Whaaaaat???

So, I must admit that I LOVE, I'm errrrrr, I used to be a slave to peanut butter but for the last two years I've taken a teaspoon and stuck into my jar of PB2 (dry and powdery) and put it in my mouth. Maybe one tsp a day if that.

That said.... I'm ready to find a primal/paleo skippy peanut butter and add it to my pantry! Is there one out there? Without trying a host of different brands and short of making my own, what's your favorite Ooey gooey peanut buttery (you're a slave to) goodness?

~ Primal ♥ ~

Drock is offline Senior Member
    Primal peanut butter? By definition it doesn't exist. There are different types of nut butters (cashew butter, almond butter, etc.) out there, but I wouldn't recommend eating them because they are so calorie-dense and easy to overeat, and because of the Omega-6 overload. Best wishes to you.

sharperhawk is offline Senior Member
    Peanuts and peanut butter are out of bounds. Sorry.

I haven't tried nut butters (like almond), but many like them. Raw honey and dark chocolate (at least 75% cacao) are a couple of other primal sweet treats.

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Completely and totally lost my taste for PB since going Paleo. I'd much prefer Zinke Almond Butter anyway. I rarely eat any nut butter because it is easier to portion control with individual nuts.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drock View Post
    Primal peanut butter? By definition it doesn't exist. There are different types of nut butters (cashew butter, almond butter, etc.) out there, but I wouldn't recommend eating them because they are so calorie-dense and easy to overeat, and because of the Omega-6 overload. Best wishes to you.
    Have to agree--peanuts contain dubious soy-like peptides linked to inflammation & heart disease (not definitive but enough to give me pause)

IMO the #1 trait of any healthful food is self-regulation so anything that evokes "slave" language will likely backfire
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I used to eat more peanut butter than anyone else I knew. Loved it. And now I haven't had any in probably...2 years? Replace it with other delicious food and it's no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    Have to agree--peanuts contain dubious soy-like peptides linked to inflammation & heart disease (not definitive but enough to give me pause)

IMO the #1 trait of any healthful food is self-regulation so anything that evokes "slave" language will likely backfire
    Oh my so "serious"! The word "slave" was a joke... as in haha, ya know?

Drock, thanks so much for the inf. that makes me sad but I'm here for the duration. And in terms of overeating, I've got that down pretty tight. I've been solid on an eating plan for two years and nothing could shake me, not even peanut butter!

Curious... should I not joke on this forum? JK...

~ Primal ♥ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I used to eat more peanut butter than anyone else I knew. Loved it. And now I haven't had any in probably...2 years? Replace it with other delicious food and it's no big deal.
    Yep I guess that's going to have to be the plan!

Thanks all!

~ Primal ♥ ~

gdot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalkatt View Post
    Yep I guess that's going to have to be the plan!

Thanks all!

~ Primal ♥ ~
    No nut butters. Eat raw whole tree nuts. Rotate through them for variety.

I currently have a bag of organic brazil nuts and another of walnuts. When those are done I will order hazlenuts and pecans.

Some here say no nuts at all because of their polyunsaturated fat content. I can't wrap my head around this idea as tree nuts are an abundant source of calories in many temperate environments. So we surely evolved eating them.

By the way - I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER - could easily eat it every day. But I don't.
    What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gdot View Post
    No nut butters. Eat raw whole tree nuts. Rotate through them for variety.

I currently have a bag of organic brazil nuts and another of walnuts. When those are done I will order hazlenuts and pecans.

Some here say no nuts at all because of their polyunsaturated fat content. I can't wrap my head around this idea as tree nuts are an abundant source of calories in many temperate environments. So we surely evolved eating them.

By the way - I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER - could easily eat it every day. But I don't.
    Ohhhhh! I was going to get almond and cashew butter! *pouts and snivels like a cranky poopy baby*

Well this is a journey indeed and I'm signed on for the duration like I said. I haven't had peanut butter in 2 years so what's another 50!

Swapping out foods is my motto, I have to find something that fills the void.

And yeah, skippy crazy crunchy Ooey gooey peanut butter goodness rocks in my book!

~ Primal ♥ ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast