Thread: Bloating from protein page

David is offline Senior Member

Cool Bloating from protein

Shop Now
    When consuming more than 24g of meat or more my stomach looks bloated not from gas but from the slow process of breaking protein down through digestion. Anyone else with the same situation? How can this be resolved?

Also, when eating more than 60gof protein a day I am constipated. The CW doc tells me to eat more grain and fruit. I eat a ton of veggies (lots o grains...follow Mark's Big A$$ Salad etc...). Anyone have this problem and if you have, have you found a remedy?

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    A way to be able to tell for sure for sure would be to take some protease or papain enzymes and see if it resolves it. If not then maybe a complete deal like http://www.healthsuperstore.com/p-no...er-enzymes.htm . Are you 100% orthodox paleo?

Either way grains are NOT the answer to gut problems. Gotta love doctors. Mine has trouble standing up he is so fat.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating ~200 grams a day and my stomach looks bloated also.

Wait did you just say you eat "lots o grains"?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    A way to be able to tell for sure for sure would be to take some protease or papain enzymes and see if it resolves it. If not then maybe a complete deal like http://www.healthsuperstore.com/p-no...er-enzymes.htm . Are you 100% orthodox paleo?

Either way grains are NOT the answer to gut problems. Gotta love doctors. Mine has trouble standing up he is so fat.
    lol, that doctor gave me a funny mental image.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    probably eats cheerios every morning.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"