Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Livlytique's London Life

Livlytique's London Life

Shop Now
    Ok so I fell off the wagon massively since about halfway through the summer. The journal I had since early 2013 was 'Turning Primal in the UK' but I figured I need to start over. I'm not even going to make my excuses, I'm back. And for the first time I'm going to do a 21 day challenge, starting tomorrow (it's bedtime here in England). I have the flu so I'm not going to be exercising until I'm better, but diet is getting back on track no question. I'm 5'6 and currently about 10.5 stone, which means I've put on a stone gradually over the last year or so - this is mainly due to less exercise I believe since I'm not really eating more than usual, but am more sedentary now with stupid hours at work etc. I do still need a kick up the bum food wise anyway because I've allowed gluten and too much sugar to sneak back in.

One thing to note is that I see an Ayurvedic nutritionist and based on her recommendations and my own research, I've found that certain things which wouldn't usually be allowed on 21 day challenge do actually nourish me well -
    notably rice, mung beans and GF porridge oats. So I have some of that in the cupboard and fridge which I will be eating since I can't afford to simply throw food away.

Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 11-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Livlytique's London Life

Day 1

Food:
    10am - small chunk of cucumber before I went to the supermarket
    11.30am - 2 eggs scrambled with spinach and smoked salmon and a bit of grated Parmesan (I'm avoiding all other dairy), Pukka elderberry & echinacea tea
    2.30pm - another small chunk of cucumber, Pukka ginger tea
    3.30pm - courgette soup with grated Parmesan, sunflower & pumpkin seeds
    5.30pm - another elderberry & echinacea tea, a Nakd cashew cookie bar (cashews & dates)
    7.30pm - chicken soup (proper Jewish mum's homemade stuff with celery carrots and chicken yum), couple of mouthfuls of food that i've been cooking all day; small bowlful of stewed apples (only cinnamon, no sugar/honey) with flaked almonds

Exercise:
    - I have the flu or some kind of virus so I'm trying to do as little as possible, just walked to the supermarket and back so about 15 mins

Sleep:
    - I've been sleeping weirdly recently, lots of mad dreams and waking up a couple of times in the night which never usually happens to me (I usually find it more difficult to fall asleep than stay asleep) - think I probably had 8 hours last night but could have done with more

Sun:
    - Since we're heading into winter in London this is going to be more a 'Fresh Air' section, and I got 15 mins with my little walk this morning

Fun:
    - I'm on Day 5 of Oprah & Deepak's 21 Day Meditation and really enjoying it. The first couple of days I found thoughts drifting in and out but the last couple of days I've relaxed into it really quickly and stayed with it the whole way through. I tried a 21 Day course before but as soon as I missed a couple of days I got out of the routine; I'm enjoying this particular one though because the theme is 'Energy of Attraction', all about desire, intention, attention... basically everything I need to think about at the moment since I am starting to look for a new job and would obviously love to welcome a new love into my life as well!
    - It's difficult to make yourself do absolutely nothing when you're ill and just completely rest! I'm going to do some cooking today, a rice & mung bean daal, ratatouille, courgette soup, and stewed apples - that way I'll have a fridge/freezer full of nourishing stuff and I don't have to do much more than shuffle around the kitchen
    - Since I'm totally allowed to laze on the sofa this weekend I'm also going to catch up on some telly I know Mark probably wouldn't count that as 'fun/playtime' but he certainly advocates rest and I've definitely been overdoing it recently, so this is going to be good

My friend and I have decided that my reward for completing the 21 day challenge will be dinner at the Big Easy - they do all you can eat bbq pork & chicken on a Monday night, so a pretty suitable way to celebrate!
    Last edited by Livlytique; 11-08-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Eat more food and especially some good quality meat. If you eat nutritious food you won't be as hungry and you'll feel better.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Oh trust me, I eat a lot! I'm not well so soup is enough at the moment, no need to force myself if I haven't got an appetite.

Day 2

Food:
    11.30am - fresh ginger & cinnamon tea (made with cinnamon bark I was given by this couple I stayed with in the Keralan backwaters in India ahhhh); small bowl of stewed apples with flaked almonds
    12.45pm - 3 eggs scrambled with spinach and smoked salmon
    5.15pm - elderberry & echinacea tea, bowl of chopped banana blueberries & raspberries with sunflower & pumpkin seeds and a dollop of almond butter --> it's the kind of Sunday afternoon where I'd usually be snuggled up with a hot chocolate and crisps, so it's good to think of other yummy treats that are far more nourishing!
    9pm - courgette soup with grated parmesan - just totally forgot to eat, very unusual for me! i like days like this though, shows i'm relaxed and content because i'm such an emotional eater, always eating out of boredom etc, and since i haven't been expending much energy it's right that i haven't needed to eat much

Exercise:
    - As little as possible again since I'm still flu-y/it's turning into a cold, going to have a walk later to meet a friend for tea --> they cancelled on me but that's okay, it was nice for my mind to be completely empty for once

Sleep:
    - Altogether about 9-10 hours, but woke up at 4am due to maintenance works on the railway line near my building and also I was getting bitten all over, wtf??!! where is this creature coming from now it's winter??? not cool. So I was awake for about an hour I reckon

Sun/Fresh Air:
    - Going to have a walk later, through the Olympic Park to a little cafe, so probably 30 mins each way, a good amount of air and exercise! --> this ended up being a good couple of hours out the house as I decided to go and stock up on meat at the supermarket, winter sun in London is so lovely very relaxing

Fun:
    - Day 6 of Oprah & Deepak's 21 Day Meditation - today is all about Attention. How Attention is the energy your desire/intention needs to start manifesting itself in reality. How once you start to give your desire the Attention it needs, you realise that things out in the world are coming together to make it happen - I think this is true at the moment since I decided I needed to look for a new job more actively, and the friend I am meeting later is going to tell me about his company where I'm potentially going to apply!
    - Going to carry on the cooking extravaganza today, still need to make ratatouille.
    - Meeting my friend will be social fun that I haven't done for a while. I heard that another friend is scheduling coffee dates with all of his friends individually, to give them proper attention away from anyone else; I think this is a lovely idea, definitely something I need to do.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 11-09-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Livlytique's London Life

Day 3

Food:
    7.45am - 2 eggs scrambled with kale, smoked salmon, grated parmesan
    12pm - stewed apples with flaked almonds
    2pm - ratatouille with baked salmon
    Across the day - plenty of lemon & ginger tea!
    5.30pm - 10 almonds
    8.30pm - courgette soup with sunflower & pumpkin seeds, mint tea

Exercise:
    - Not sure I'll do anything as the flu has turned into a cold, probably just some fresh air at lunchtime --> managed a good 30 min walk after work

Sleep:
    - Was in bed and passed out around 10.45pm, but woke up at 5am AGAIN argh. Dozed till my alarm at 6.30, so not the longest sleep but I feel fairly awake at the moment

Sun/Fresh Air:
    - Looks like another sunny wintry day in London, will try to get out at lunchtime if my meeting is cancelled, which I think it is... --> yeah so the sun had gone in by lunchtime but I did get 15 mins air as I had to make a phone call so all good

Fun:
    - Day 7 of Oprah & Deepak's 21 Day Meditation - decided to do this in the mornings as soon as I wake up or I don't think I'll find time later in the day, it's a nice way to start the day too, even if it did mean getting up earlier than I wanted.
    - Not much else really, back to work and busy today with a recruiter meeting straight after, I'm still a bit poorly with an annoying sulphur smell in the back of my nose *gag* hope it's not an infection. Up early tomorrow for another recruiter meeting before work so just gonna head to bed and read a bit now.
    Last edited by Livlytique; 11-10-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Livlytique's London Life

Day 4

Food:
    8.15am - green tea
    9am - 2 boiled eggs, stewed apples with flaked almonds, lemon & ginger tea
    1pm - ratatouille and baked salmon, had a lemsip too though not seeing any improvement in the sinuses grrr I need a steam when I get home
    5pm - Nakd cashew cookie bar (cashews & dates)
    7.30pm - courgette soup with sunflower & pumpkin seeds, grated Parmesan and coriander; handful of blueberries & raspberries; mint tea

Good news is I haven't got any cravings at the mo, maybe because I'm having some sweetness with the apples etc or because I've been having so much hot water/herbal tea that I've felt more full. Definitely eating less than usual too makes me realise I don't need my normal sized meals when I'm not exercising

Exercise:
    - Argh now my sinuses are aching! Again will just try and walk and get fresh air, already had 20 mins walk this morn up to work from a different train station to normal

Sleep:
    - About 7.5 hours, not bad

Sun/Fresh Air:
    - 20 mins so far --> didn't manage more than this because I had a client meeting outside London this afternoon and by the time I got back I just wanted to steam and clear my head, sigh

Fun:
    - Day 8 of Oprah & Deepak's 21 Day Meditation - could feel thoughts drifting in and out this morning, made the mistake of looking at text messages before I went through to the meditation link, but didn't really stay with any for too long which is good, kept the mantra in mind
    - Again, not sure I'll fit much fun in today, though I read on the train this morning and am really enjoying my book (God of Small Things)
    Last edited by Livlytique; 11-11-2014 at 12:05 PM.

I'm not well so soup is enough at the moment, no need to force myself if I haven't got an appetite.

Livlytique's London Life

Day 5

Food:
    8am - 2 eggs scrambled with kale and smoked salmon
    9am - lemon & ginger tea
    11am - satsuma, banana, 10 almonds, green tea
    1.30pm - rice & mung bean daal with kale & spinach, olive oil & balsamic vinegar
    4.45pm - stewed apples with flaked almonds
    7pm - M&S is great for a pre theatre foraged picnic! Had carrot sticks, GF cocktail sausages and chargrilled calamari, how good!

Exercise:
    - A good 30 mins walk at lunchtime

Sleep:
    - About 7/7.5 hours - feeling a bit tired today and peckish

Sun/Fresh Air:
    - same as exercise

Fun:
    - Day 9 of Oprah & Deepak's 21 Day Meditation - more concentration than yesterday and it's put me in a really calm positive mood, I even sat down to breakfast genuinely thinking, without any of the slightly forced 'what am I grateful for' stuff, "wow I am so lucky to get a breakfast like this" - turning into a proper hippy!
    - Going to the theatre tonight with one of my girlfriends, really looking forward to seeing her - foraging in the supermarket for some dinner beforehand should be fun too, I'm guessing a lot of cold meat will be consumed
    Last edited by Livlytique; 11-12-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Shop Now
    Day 6

Food:
    8am - 3 eggs scrambled with kale and grated parmesan
    9am - lemon & ginger tea
    12pm - stewed appples with flaked almonds
    1.45pm - rice & mung bean daal, kale, spinach
    6pm - green tea; okra fries (GF), lamb kebab thing, chicken tikka thing (not in yoghurt), chicken & pomelo salad thing, steamed greens - Dishoom is this amazing Indian small restaurant chain in London and it's just fab, plus they give you a GF menu, so helpful!

Exercise:
    - Lots of walking and fresh air

Sleep:
    - About 7/7.5 hours

Sun/Fresh Air:
    - walked lots but no sun in London today

Fun:
    - Day 10 of Oprah & Deepak's 21 Day Meditation - felt both like I was focused but also like I had thoughts running through my head today hmm
    - Going to the theatre again tonight, with my mum

Pretty sure I have a sinus infection feeling stressed today and I don't like it. What's good though is I'm recognising it and actively trying to calm myself, which doesn't usually happen ha
    Last edited by Livlytique; 11-14-2014 at 01:26 AM.