10am - small chunk of cucumber before I went to the supermarket
11.30am - 2 eggs scrambled with spinach and smoked salmon and a bit of grated Parmesan (I'm avoiding all other dairy), Pukka elderberry & echinacea tea
2.30pm - another small chunk of cucumber, Pukka ginger tea
3.30pm - courgette soup with grated Parmesan, sunflower & pumpkin seeds
5.30pm - another elderberry & echinacea tea, a Nakd cashew cookie bar (cashews & dates)
7.30pm - chicken soup (proper Jewish mum's homemade stuff with celery carrots and chicken yum), couple of mouthfuls of food that i've been cooking all day; small bowlful of stewed apples (only cinnamon, no sugar/honey) with flaked almonds
- I have the flu or some kind of virus so I'm trying to do as little as possible, just walked to the supermarket and back so about 15 mins
- I've been sleeping weirdly recently, lots of mad dreams and waking up a couple of times in the night which never usually happens to me (I usually find it more difficult to fall asleep than stay asleep) - think I probably had 8 hours last night but could have done with more
- Since we're heading into winter in London this is going to be more a 'Fresh Air' section, and I got 15 mins with my little walk this morning
- I'm on Day 5 of Oprah & Deepak's 21 Day Meditation and really enjoying it. The first couple of days I found thoughts drifting in and out but the last couple of days I've relaxed into it really quickly and stayed with it the whole way through. I tried a 21 Day course before but as soon as I missed a couple of days I got out of the routine; I'm enjoying this particular one though because the theme is 'Energy of Attraction', all about desire, intention, attention... basically everything I need to think about at the moment since I am starting to look for a new job and would obviously love to welcome a new love into my life as well!
- It's difficult to make yourself do absolutely nothing when you're ill and just completely rest! I'm going to do some cooking today, a rice & mung bean daal, ratatouille, courgette soup, and stewed apples - that way I'll have a fridge/freezer full of nourishing stuff and I don't have to do much more than shuffle around the kitchen
- Since I'm totally allowed to laze on the sofa this weekend I'm also going to catch up on some telly I know Mark probably wouldn't count that as 'fun/playtime' but he certainly advocates rest and I've definitely been overdoing it recently, so this is going to be good
My friend and I have decided that my reward for completing the 21 day challenge will be dinner at the Big Easy - they do all you can eat bbq pork & chicken on a Monday night, so a pretty suitable way to celebrate!