Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Strength trainers (3x a week), what do you eat? page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

Serious Strength trainers (3x a week), what do you eat?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I strength train 3x5 , 3 times a week. My main goal is to build bulk, I'm 170 and i'm stalling interms of gains now, as per usual i've asked elsewhere and the results are either 'carbs!!!' or 'eat moree (carbs)'. While I can understand it can help to eat a crap tonne of carbs all the time, I can't exactly do that low carb'n! (and wouldnt want to either now)

At the minute I have 3 meals a day, but I think i have to either eat more per meal, or start chucking in snacks (hello pork rinds!). A normal day looks like this:

-4x Bacon Rashers 4xeggs cooked in a clob of butter. Coffe & cream

-Preworkout Shake, Whey Protein, 2x Raw eggs, Double Cream & coconut Milk (I am looking for a more effective preworkout shake to maximize 'concentration' & focus in the gym.

Coffee 15 mins before w/o

-Post workout shake of WHEY protein

Post post workout meal : Big ass salad, meat & fat (ambigous but it always changes)

Dinner: Always a heavy meat base (Burgers, Meatza, sausages, steak) with veggies (spinach, courgettes, etc)

I don't count cals but I'm not going up on the scale, and my lifts aren't going up much either. I think a few extra cals to kick boost my gains & performance.

How do you other primal lifters cope?

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i am a serious eater but not worker outer lol. i need to gain about 5 more lbs before i can start lifting. have you tried dairy for muscle growth or a casein source?

huebnerc is offline Member
    I am in the gym as often as possible. When I first started down the primal path, I was fine in terms of energy and keeping my lifts up. Fast forward to about 2 months later, I started having crap energy and my numbers were stalling a bit. At first I did not care, but I lost a couple of inches off the waist. The other day when my energy was really low and my deadlift sucked, I said screw it and I cannot not do it anymore.

I started eating big again. I put down almost a pound of ground beef a day and brought back milk. Some people on here do not do dairy, but for me it has been amazing. And if you ask anyone in the past, Saxon, Wendler(not so much in the past haha), Denzo Ban, what is the bast way to put on mass? It is a gallon of milk a day. I love the stuff and I have energy again. Obviously, before I was not getting enough calories and I am sure there might have been another way to go about it, but I do not see a problem with milk. I have not gained anything back yet either.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is king. It is your friend. Give it a try. An invaluable source of nutrition. Casein and whey for the win
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I eat pretty much like you do... a shit ton of calories and a good bit of veggies.

What I also make sure I eat enough of is dairy (almost always in the form of heavy cream, butter, or Greek yogurt) and fruit. I love blueberries and strawberries and I consider them an EXCELLENT source of post-workout nutrition.

I also believe sweet potatoes are one of the greatest performance enhancers ever put on this earth!

I usually sit between 2500 - 2800 calories a day, which seems like a lot for a guy just under 6 foot and weighing 160 pounds, but as soon as I increased my calories to that amount my arms got bigger and my lifts went up. My waistline is actually shrinking but it seems like every week someone comments that I'm looking more "solid".

Try milk. Yeah milk XD
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrappler View Post
    Try milk. Yeah milk XD
    Or Heavy Cream, or Greek Yogurt!

I just can't get into the milk

I love cream and yogurt, but the cream is all fat, which i love, but i love the protein cocktail that milk provides. The benefits outweight the negatives for me.

Cheaaaap too.

Your in pensacola, are you military?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast