Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the pain go away? page

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member

Does the pain go away?

Primal Fuel
    I recently purchased Vibrams and have been using them in the gym for about a week. Today I took them to a bridge and jogged 3 miles and my feet are KILLING me, someone please tell me this is only a one time thing? (they fit perfect)

SeanC is offline Member
    Have you ever run in vibrams or barefoot before? If not, 3 miles is WAY too much. Try quarter miles instead or go my time, each run increase the the distance or time by a little. I'm surprised you have not complained of calf pain. Are you running on the balls of you feet or flat-footed?

That was why i walked around the gym in them for a week figuring my feet would adjust, 3 miles was definitely a lot but they felt fine until i was at 2.5 miles. I was running flat footed but the balls of my feet are what hurt. I do a lot of calf workouts throughout the week and run hills so that is probably why my calves never hurt. I really want them to work without the pain, so maybe going up in distance gradually is the key.

SeanC is offline Member
    yeah , if you were comfortable at 2 miles, stay with that for a week. then add a quarter mile the next week, so on and so forth. If you get sore , back off a bit. Walking around on them really doesn't adjust you for running. I have a pair of KSO treks (love 'em) , and until I ran on them I really didn't comprehend the amount of time it would take to strengthen my feet. I am a pretty regular runner as well.

ok great, i really do love them. I purchased the reg KSO, and they feel great walking around. Thanks for the advice and happy running!

rozska is offline Senior Member
    You probably bruised the balls of your feet. Go soak your feet in cold water, put an ice pack on them if you have one, etc. It will take a while for that pain to go away (yeah, I've done similar things.) Good luck!
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

Thanks roska!!! Ice pack is already on them, lol.

Ernst is offline Member
    I bought them 3 days ago and I've been jogging everyday in them and going out in them also. My feet feels great but that's just me?

how far did you jog?

PrimalCon New York
    i was also running along a bridge which had almost a metal grate surface which probably did not help at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast