Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what creatures do you eat? page

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

what creatures do you eat?

Primal Fuel
    I am, admittedly, a creature of habit and I have my food "staples"...but I've been looking at my foods lately a little more critically & trying to tweak for the better. I'm wondering if I am eating too much Omega 6! I can't afford pasture/grass fed anything on a regular basis so its all conventionally raised. But i eat chicken all day every day and I honestly never tire of it, but maybe this habit is not so good for me! Oh sure Ill occasionally eat an omelette or some steak, venison if I can get my hands on it but chicken is my every day go-to protein.

So I was wondering, what is YOUR go-to protein of choice?
    (i'm wondering if folks who tend to eat more steak, or fish etc are experiencing more health benefits than someone who eats only chicken -points to myself-)

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I keep the fridge stocked with local grassfed beef and a sh*t-ton of wild salmon. those two things are always there.

I have no problem spending lots of money on food.

chicken everyday is probably not good..............I would recommend cutting your chicken consumption in half and eating fish and beef more. That being said, I am having chicken tonight!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Beef is my fall back. Hazard of living in West TX. Especially now that I've found local grass fed beef. If it's not beef, then it's organic eggs or chicken.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member
    well i DID start removing the chicken skin (apparenlty high in O-6) and putting pasture-raised boar bacon on top instead to keep the meat moist.

how primal "kosher" is canned tuna?

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    beef
    pork
    chicken

pretty much in that order. Not much chicken anymore. With a 1/2 cow of local, grassfed beef in the deep freeze, that's mostly what's for dinner...and lunch. LOL

I do not eat any kind of seafood. It makes me gag. blech.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I eat creatures of habit

Mainly beef, fish, elk, and bison. Of course I'll eat venision if I can find some, and pretty much anything that eats grass exclusively. Chicken and pork are ideally a once a week thing for me but sometimes it's more.

I'm still trying to catch one of those rabbits. There is an explosion of baby rabbits where I live and so in a few weeks it will be hunting season. I think I need a bow, though.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f174/ronandkimmy/Elmer_Fudd.jpg
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleNappingLion View Post

how primal "kosher" is canned tuna?
    if its wild and the only ingredients are tuna and water then i say eat it up

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    We eat beef, chicken, pork and fish. Grass fed is completely out of our budget right now, though. We probably eat chicken the most, followed by pork.
    ~Sandy

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Mostly grass fed lamb and beef, along with range fed pig and chicken. Elk and venison, if I can get it.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating lots of ground beef lately, less chicken and pork. Lamb legs once in a while. Eggs ALL THE TIME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast